cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best complement to create a platform like Aliexpress?

What is the best complement to create a platform like Aliexpress?

Within magento which are the ideal extensions for the construction of a large and complex platform such as Aliexpress or Alibaba, if you have them?
I will be very grateful to everyone who can help me with an objective and relevant response.

8 REPLIES 8

Re: What is the best complement to create a platform like Aliexpress?

Hi @andres _fernandez

Well - the question is very short but with broad and cryptic meaning !

Directly coming on the question - Magento is a standard as well as B2B e-commerce platform same like  other e-commerce platform with common and global functionality

AliExpress and Alibaba - have huge functionality in it either it is from frontend and for backend
operations as well

Yes - Magento is also that much scalable and flexible enough to create that kind of platform - but for that it requires a huge amount of customization as well.

Same like those websites - Magento also going to release their PWA concept in Next Release as well So you can consider this platform for the same !

Coming back to extension part - Yes there are lot of extensions available to acheive this kind of functionality specially Marketplace concept !

As both platform you mention are marketplace as well - so in magento 2 first you required marketplace extension to achieve such functionality

Second thing for better and smooth product filtering you required advanced layered navigation kind of extension

Better search you can use Elastic search or any other search like Algolia etc.

For payment gateway side - whatever region you are targeting you can integrate payment gateway accordingly

This are the basic extension which you required - still there are many more but it will clear once you define proper BRD on the same !

Hope it helps

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Good morning, ManthanDave, thank you very much for your answer, we will analyze all the information you have given us and soon we will contact you again.

Hi @andres _fernandez

Sure you can post here if you need anything more on this !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

if you are going to use magento + marketplace/multivendor extension - make sure that extension have very good support and future upgrades from its developer.

because many of them just built for money, not even for heavy use.

ive seen few of them, andtoo much extra work required to customize them and fixmany workload issues...

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

I would like to start using Magento to build a demo of my web portal, which would be an intermediation platform or Marketplace, I have several doubts about it:
1. Can I do this from the local host?
2. Can I add a Marketplace extension to the local host?
3. I have been analyzing the most relevant Marketplace extensions, such as Ced Commerce, webkul Marketplace, Marketplace 2 Solution, Creative Mind Marketplace, VnEcoms, Apptha,
Do you know some of these and their functionality? Which of these could support the complexity of a robust platform like Aliexpress?
4. Do I need a domain for the extensions to work?
5. Can I customize this or any extension that is installed?
6. Could I lose these customizations in any way? 7. What should I do so that during testing, I can only see my website if I use a domain?
8. Once the store test is complete, what type of servers will you need for its operation?
As you can see, I am new in the world of magento and I would like you to guide me with your experience.
Thank you for your kind attention and I am waiting for your response.

I would like to start using Magento to build a demo of my web portal, which would be an intermediation platform or Marketplace, I have several doubts about it:
3. I have been analyzing the most relevant Marketplace extensions, such as Ced Commerce, webkul Marketplace, Marketplace 2 Solution, Creative Mind Marketplace, VnEcoms, Apptha,
Do you know some of these and their functionality? Which of these could support the complexity of a robust platform like Aliexpress?
6. Could I lose these customizations in any way? 7. What should I do so that, during the tests, I can only see my website if I use a domain?
8. Once the store test is complete, what type of servers will you need for its operation?
As you can see, I am new in the world of magento and I would like you to guide me with your experience.
Thanks for your kind attention.

Hello @andres _fernandez 

Please find below answer to your queries with perspective to Webkul's Multi-Vendor Marketplace - https://store.webkul.com/magento2-multi-vendor-marketplace.html as it is one of the robust marketplace which can be used to develop the big scale marketplace  : 

>>Yes, you can test and setup the same on localhost.

>> Yes, you can setup the marketplace on localhost.

As I mentioned earlier, I am giving answers on Webkul's Marketplace perspective. So you can go for Webkul's one as it is the most selling extension over the Magento Marketplace as well. And webkul been awarded for same for two consecutive years - https://webkul.com/awards/ 

>> Yes, it requires a domain to work for live instance. 

>> Yes, you can customize the same your own as it is open source.

6. Could I lose these customizations in any way?

>> Make sure, you are having a backup of the complete system. In case of any issue or loss of customization, the backup can be used to restore the same. 

7. What should I do so that, during the tests, I can only see my website if I use a domain?

>> Yes, you can check your website and can do testing as well. 

>> Ideally AWS is one of the best servers to host. Webkul provided server setup services as well. Visit - https://store.webkul.com/AWS-Speed-Security-Optimization-Magento-2.html for more information. 

Still, having a query, reach Webkul at support@webkul.com or create a ticket here - https://webkul.uvdesk.com/en/customer/create-ticket/ 

Click Kudos and accept as a solution if the answers are relevant to your queries. 

Experience one of the most popular Rocket Bazaar, the multi-vendor marketplace extension by MageDelight is an all-in-one plug-and-play marketplace suite to help you build your own marketplaces!