cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which extension allows me to add comments in the order grid for my eyes only?

Which extension allows me to add comments in the order grid for my eyes only?

Working on 1.9.2.2. community version

I have already been looking everywhere but cannot seem to find an extension (preferably free Smiley Happy that allows me to add comments to orders and to see those comments in the order grid.

Why I need this? Well, I have most of the time 30-50 orders open for processing. Some are open because I have not done anything yet, some are open because I am waiting for the customer to approve of the design, some are open because the customer approved the design and the order is in production but not shipped yet. Further when I have 25 orders that are in production I get the items back from production and the name on the item is 9 out of 10 times not the name of the person that ordered it, as they are mostly logo's or pictures or names of others. It would make life so much easier if I could just take a look at the order grid and see the name of the logo, what the status is, maybe extra comments like shipping them together with another order etc.

I would think many other people would need this so I think there will be an extension, so maybe my search words have been wrong.

Thanks a bunch for helping me.

Kind regards,

VIvienne

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Which extension allows me to add comments in the order grid for my eyes only?

Hi @OzizO

You request is quite logical, such functionality would make order processing easier.

You can have a look at this extension https://amasty.com/order-flags.html

It will let you add flags to order grid. You can set meaning and comments for each flag according to your needs.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

Re: Which extension allows me to add comments in the order grid for my eyes only?

Thank you for your respons, I have an extension that does that, it visually marks the status of the order, but I really need something that I can write in, I need to be able to read the comments I make on the item or client.

So the search goes on Smiley Happy

Magento orders already has comments functionality right out of box. You can add comments for yourself or you can share them with the customer. Look bottom-left corner of any order; it has Comment History there.

Tanel Raja

Hi Pronto, 

Yes Thanks, I knew that, the thing is, I need to make comments for myself and see it in the order grid. Things like: "ship before februari 29", or "ship with order 56", or "waiting for customer to reply", or "waiting for supplies from HK", or "do not ship before March 1st".

Things like that, just the reminders. I could put those in the comments box and just post it without letting the customer know, but, than I would have to open all orders to see what I need to know. 

I am looking for an extension that lets me see the comments in the order grid

Kind regards,

Vivienne