cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

best way to sync magento with supplier inventory

best way to sync magento with supplier inventory

Hello ,

I would like to sync my  magento 1.9 website with my supplier inventory  who use .net so  what  is the best way to sync them without any risk .  thank you

9 REPLIES 9

Re: best way to sync magento with supplier inventory

Hi @Mohammedbarakat,

There's no easy answer.

It depends on which options do you have to move data between both sides. I.e.: Will you use WS or files or, for some reason, database access?

Also, you need to evaluate which data you'll sync and the direction. I mean, you can send data from your supplier to Magento, from Magento to the supplier or both.

Also, you won't find a bulletproof solution. The idea is to have a good error managment to quickly solve any possible issue.

Do they provide with CSV export or API? We will soon be releasing a Magento Dropshipping extension which, among other things, automatically syncs inventories with multiple suppliers.

Fishbowl was an excellent integration for syncing with supplier inventory. I recommend checking it out. 

You can also have a look at Store Manager for Magento application. It includes functionality that allows to set up scheduled updates (import/export) from/to your supplier each predefined period of time. The software handles files of different types (csv, xml, xls, txt and ods) and does not have strict requirements to file format.

There is 2-week free fully-functional trial you can check to see if it suits your needs.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.

Magento extension is best way to sync. You just need to install Magento Inventory extension to website.

Better to use an inventory management software. Check out LA WMS

Hello Mohammed  , One option you may want to consider is to pull the inventory via either CSV, XML or a JSON input into your Mage site. You can use tools like the DSYNC XML to Magento connector to pull the product and inventory data into your Magento site. On the return leg it is also possible to push sales orders from Magento back to your supplier for fulfillment. 

Which Magento Inventory extension do you have in mind? I am currently looking for one that could update stock and prices from XML that is provided by serveral suppliers.

I have previous experience with WooCommerce and have used WP All Import plugin there. Looking for something with similar user experience.

Hi Mohammed,

I would advise you to use inventory management software that has excellent features. We have been using Katana and so far we are happy with the results.