cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

customers checkout with store view currency

customers checkout with store view currency

I am using Magento 2.0.1 and Magento 2 default just allows setting up base currency for the whole website, not for each store view. I want my customers to checkout with their own store view currency. 

Is there any way to do it or any extension that supports this function? 

6 REPLIES 6

Re: customers checkout with store view currency

Hello @Luke_91

There is an ability to display different currencies depending on a store view. You are right, there is a base currency setting which is applied on a global level. However, each store view has a Default Display Currency option, where you can choose a currency to display on a store view. So this setting is available in Magento 2 out of the box.

However, if you need to switch currency automatically depending on a client IP,  you can use this extension - https://marketplace.magento.com/amasty-geoipredirect.html

Hope that helps!

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
230+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

GEOIP Language and Currency Extension by FME solves this solution, it allows you to setup different lang and curr for each store. Please check the demo on our store.

Magento Extensions and Services Provider

Best Rated Extensions
Top Notch Support and Service

Hi @Luke_91

I think this extension can help you to solve your issue: Multiple Store View Pricing 

It allows you to setup base currency for each store view easily. Moreover, you can also setup different prices and special prices for products per store view. 

Hi, 

You ca also use this new extension: Checkout with Display Currency because it allows paying with display currency of store view. 

For example, you set up display currency of English store view as Pound. Customers buy products in this store view and checkout with Pounds via both offline and online payment method. 

If you use the Magento 2 Auto Currency Switcher extension than there are those features included.

This extension displays customers' prices in their local currency and they correspondingly see that currency during the checkout since you set the currency rates.

The person will change with the sum of money based on the exchange rates.