cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

6th Pre-Imagine MageHackathon 2018 - Las Vegas

sherrie
Community Manager

6th Pre-Imagine MageHackathon 2018 - Las Vegas

The below is taken from the Eventbrite page, register here: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/6th-pre-imagine-magehackathon-2018-las-vegas-tickets-43984281169

Note: This is a community-organized event!

2018 will be the 6th Imagine MageHackathon, and due to the high demand last year we've added more space.

If you are a Magento developer coming to Las Vegas for the Magento Imagine conference you are welcome to register for this Hackathon. We anticipate reaching capacity quickly based on the number of people that have registered for the Imagine conference. Please sign up early if you can attend.

What's new this year?

Magento Marketplace will be sponsoring a special award for this year’s MageHackathon for the individual or team that develops the best extension during MageHackathon.

The panel of judges will be comprised of community members and the Magento Marketplace leadership. The criteria for this award will be based on merchant demand, innovation, and progress made during the MageHackathon. Winners of this award will be featured on Magento Marketplace.

Who should attend?

Any experienced developer, ideally with a Magento background.

Why should I attend?

The main point of a hackathon is to take your time and work on something that you have been meaning to get to or to solve problems that others may have. Magento's Community Engineering and DevDocs teams will be on hand as well, meaning that developers can contribute in more ways than ever before.

This is meant to be a fun event for developers from the Magento community to get together, enjoy food, drink, and coding on those projects that are most interesting to you. Bring your own ideas and projects or join up with your fellow developers!

Finally, you'll receive a Magento Hackathon T-Shirt (along with some other cool swag) so you can show off your participation in the event.

But what about the 5k run?

The 5k run will take place Sunday at 8 am (buses leave at 7:15 am). We're working with the organizers to ensure maximum participation in both events, so please feel free to sign up for both!

How should I prepare/what should I bring?

Don't forget your laptop! We'll be using GitHub to track projects, so having an account there will be helpful. It will also be helpful to have a Magento development environment set with Magento installed and ready to go ahead of the event, to avoid spending most of the time getting that working (we're all guilty).

There are a number of options to have a Magento 2 environment ready to go:

I want to help with Magento DevDocs. Can I still attend?
Yes! Like last year, the Docathon and Hackathon will be in the same room, to double the fun. Please indicate if you are planning to participate in the Docathon when you purchase your ticket.

What's the Schedule?

Saturday, April 21st

10:00 am: Opening Session, Kickstart
10:30 am - 12:00 pm: Brainstorming, Gathering of project ideas, Voting on Ideas and Forming Teams
12:00 pm: Lunch (provided)
1:00 pm - 6:00 pm: Work in teams on your projects (Coding, Coding, Coding,...)
6:00 pm: Dinner (provided)
6:30 pm and beyond: Coding, Coding, Coding,... (open end)

Sunday, April 22nd

(7:15 am - 10:00 am): (5k run)
9:00 am: continued work on projects (coding)
12:00 pm: Lunch (provided)
1:00 pm: Final project presentation, wrap up
3:00 pm: End

Event Organizer: Clemens Queissner, AOE Inc.

--

Developer Relations, Adobe Experience Cloud
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Still stuck? Check out our documentation: https://magento.com/resources/technical