cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I use Community version for FREE for commercial purposes in US

Can I use Community version for FREE for commercial purposes in US

Hi,

I want to use Magento Community version to build my site for commercial purpose but before that I am having certain queries below:

1. Can I use community version for free for commercial purpose over the Geography (like in US, though I know that many more features would not be available to me which are supported by Enterprise edition)? I am asking this question in order to avoid any licencing issues.
  2. If yes, can there be a chance in near future (say, after one or two years) that I am asked to switch to enterprise version (though I am happy with community version and don’t need any special feature).
  3. Is there any document / link available to see what number of concurrent requests / SKUs / Orders per month both the versions support?

Thanks in advance.

1 REPLY 1

Re: Can I use Community version for FREE for commercial purposes in US

Hi,

1. You can build a website powered with Magento OS and sell stuff. That is possible and many others do that. Although you cannot take Magento OS source code and resell it.

2. I don't think so. That doesn't make sense.

3. It all depends on your hardware and the way you setup and optimize your Magento store. I have seen people successfully processing 10k orders a day with Magento Community Edition. Although if you are planning to handle over 1M of SKUs you might get into performance problems.