cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't install extension | Error in composer.json

Can't install extension | Error in composer.json

Best,

I cannot install an extension what I've bought from Adobe (Order Import Export).

I get the error below:

Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Root composer.json requires dotsquares/imexport, it could not be found in any version, there may be a typo in the package name.

Potential causes:
- A typo in the package name
- The package is not available in a stable-enough version according to your minimum-stability setting
see <https://getcomposer.org/doc/04-schema.md#minimum-stability> for more details.
- It's a private package and you forgot to add a custom repository to find it

Read <https://getcomposer.org/doc/articles/troubleshooting.md> for further common problems.

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json and ./composer.lock to their original content.

But my Magento and composer are up to date (Magento 2.4.5 & Composer 2.4.2).

Can anyone help me with this issue?

I like to hear from you soon.

Cheers,

Dimitri

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Can't install extension | Error in composer.json

Hello @techniekdu158f 

There is an issue with the composer. Please try uploading the extension manually rather than using composer. Unzip the extension and upload it into the app/code directory. Upon uploading all files, run the upgrade command on the server.

If you find our reply helpful, please give us kudos.

An award-winning North American Magento Development Agency That Delivers Powerful Results, Innovation, and Secure Digital Transformation.

Thank You,

WebDesk Solution Support Team
Get a Free Quote | Email | Adobe Commerce Partner | Hire Us | Call Us 877.536.3789

Re: Can't install extension | Error in composer.json

The error message you're encountering when trying to install the "Order Import Export" extension you purchased from Adobe indicates that Composer is having trouble resolving the package requirements. Let's troubleshoot this issue:

1. Check the Package Name:

Ensure that the package name in your composer.json file matches the correct package name from Adobe. A typo in the package name could cause Composer to not find it.

2. Minimum Stability Setting:

Verify your minimum-stability setting in your composer.json. It should be set to a stability level that allows the package to be found. You can set it to "dev" temporarily if needed.

3. Update Composer:

Although you mentioned that Composer is up to date, it's always good to double-check. Run the command composer self-update to make sure you have the latest version.

4. Composer Cache:

Clear Composer's cache by running composer clear-cache. Sometimes, issues can be resolved by clearing the cache and then trying the installation again.

5. Repository Configuration:

Ensure that you haven't missed any custom repository configurations in your composer.json that may be necessary for this specific package. Review the Adobe documentation to see if there are any additional repository requirements.

6. Package Availability:

Check if Adobe has made the "Order Import Export" extension available for your Magento version. It's possible that it hasn't been released or isn't compatible with Magento 2.4.5 yet.

7. Magento Version Compatibility:

Confirm that the extension is compatible with Magento 2.4.5. Extensions may not work with the latest Magento versions immediately, and developers need to release updates.

8. Adobe Support:

Reach out to Adobe Support or the seller of the extension for assistance. They may have insights into specific issues related to their product or any recent updates.

9. Composer Diagnostics:

Run composer diagnose to check for any potential issues with your Composer setup. It may provide suggestions for resolving problems.

After addressing these points, attempt the installation again. If you continue to encounter issues, consider reaching out to Adobe Support or the extension's developer for further assistance. They can provide specific guidance based on the extension's requirements and compatibility with your Magento version.