Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cannot install extensions

SOLVED

Cannot install extensions

Hi,

I wonder if anyone could help me.

I have installed a fresh copy of 1.9.2 and everything is going well, except... I cannot seem to be able to install any extensions from Magento Connect.

No matter what I try, I get the same message:" Invalid response headers returned from server."

Any ideas what the problem could be?

Many thanks

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Cannot install extensions

I managed to get it sorted, so I will leave the solution here in case anyone with the same problem comes accross this thread.

It was a server issue, what I had to do was get in contact with the host provider and remove the curl_exec string from the disable_functions at php.ini* file.

All working like a charm now!

Many thanks

Yiorgos

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

@el_greco

I guess you may using Magento Connect 1.0 extension key is used instead of version 2.0; Since Magento 1.5 version you need to use Magento Connect version 2.0 extension keys for extension installation..

Hope it helps you Smiley Happy 

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hi @GauravMehta04, thank you for your reply.

Unfortunately this is not the problem, I am getting the error regardless of the version. I also tried changing the  permissions of the downloader folder but it didn't work either :-(

Yiorgos

@el_greco

ohhk, can you please give me link of that extension and your magento version ? So I do check from my end.

Cheers Smiley Happy

-
Magento Programmer | Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.

Hi @GauravMehta04,

My Magento version is 1.9.2, almost out of the box, and I cannot install any extensions I have tried Smiley Frustrated

All I am getting is the following error: community/(the extension name): Invalid response headers returned from server.

Do you think it may be a server issue? Should I be trying a fresh magento installation and see if that would work?

Many thanks

Yiorgos

I managed to get it sorted, so I will leave the solution here in case anyone with the same problem comes accross this thread.

It was a server issue, what I had to do was get in contact with the host provider and remove the curl_exec string from the disable_functions at php.ini* file.

All working like a charm now!

Many thanks

Yiorgos