cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error in admin area after installing Extensions

Error in admin area after installing Extensions

When installing any extensions via the Magento Connect Manager I get an error with the admin area. The website still shows fine on the front-end but the admin section only shows the page header, not including the navigation links. I have to uninstall the extension to revert back to a working admin area. Anyone experienced this error before?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Error in admin area after installing Extensions

Hi @davidmoen

Have you tried checking the console for the error? Also check the System.log or exception.log file for the error. You need to fix the error if you find listed in there. Or share the error listed in that and I can help.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

I installed couple of extentions and then removed them ...after that admin dashboard was not working. 

searched for some solution, applied but I think it got worse. here is what is appearing now on the admin 

There has been an error processing your request
Mage registry key "_singleton/gomage_social/observer_notify" already exists 
Trace: #0 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/Mage.php(223): Mage::throwException('Mage registry k...') #1 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/Mage.php(477): Mage::register('_singleton/goma...', false) #2 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(1335): Mage::getSingleton('gomage_social/o...') #3 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/Mage.php(448): Mage_Core_Model_App->dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array) #4 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(527): Mage::dispatchEvent('controller_acti...', Array) #5 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Adminhtml/Controller/Action.php(160): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->preDispatch() #6 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Action.php(407): Mage_Adminhtml_Controller_Action->preDispatch() #7 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Router/Standard.php(254): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Action->dispatch('login') #8 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Controller/Varien/Front.php(172): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Router_Standard->match(Object(Mage_Core_Controller_Request_Http)) #9 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/App.php(365): Mage_Core_Controller_Varien_Front->dispatch() #10 /home/ladypur/public_html/app/Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array) #11 /home/ladypur/public_html/index.php(83): Mage::run('', 'store') #12 {main}

I should do what? Patiently waiting for the solution. 

Hello @AffanManzoor

It seems you haven't uninstalled the extension completely. You might have deleted extension files only, you may need to delete the related database tables as well.

You can contact the extension provider for the uninstallation guide of the extension.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now