cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Error on extension install

SOLVED

Error on extension install

Hi i'm on a 1.9.3.1 magento website with an extension install error

I download a free extension from magento.com marketplace and try to install it but i have this messsage:

CONNECT ERROR: Package file is invalid
Invalid package name, allowed: [a-zA-Z0-9_-] chars

Any idea to help?

Thank you

Regards

Miran

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Error on extension install

In cases like this, it's important to paste the name of extension or URL that you've used - it will help us with debugging process. There are a couple of reasons why it could go wrong.

In order to overcome this situation, you can just unpack zip archive into your Magento project, clear the cache and enjoy.

In order to download extension, just paste connect url into textbox field on following page:

http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

In cases like this, it's important to paste the name of extension or URL that you've used - it will help us with debugging process. There are a couple of reasons why it could go wrong.

In order to overcome this situation, you can just unpack zip archive into your Magento project, clear the cache and enjoy.

In order to download extension, just paste connect url into textbox field on following page:

http://freegento.com/ddl-magento-extension.php

If this response was helpful to you, consider giving kudos to this post.
If this response solved your problem, click accept as solution to help others solve this issue

Hi @Sinisa!

Thanks for your reply. Unpacking the extension on my magento root helped me to install it like a charm. Easy as pie Smiley Happy

Regards

Miran

"In order to overcome this situation, you can just unpack zip archive into your Magento project, clear the cache and enjoy." 

Following above way my issue is fixed. 

1. Is this magento issue or developer issue?

2. If it is developer issue, then need to fix it.
My extension name is :
'revechat-ReveChat'

Did you get any  wrong here?