cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Extension Manager install failing

SOLVED

Extension Manager install failing

Hi, I've tried to install a couple of small extensions via the Marketplace and the Extension Manager, but I'm getting errors on getting past the readiness check and I think it's because I'm on a shared host...

Check Cron Scripts

Cron script readiness check failed.

Error from Setup Application Cron Script:
Cron job has not been configured yet
Other checks will fail as a result (PHP version, PHP settings, and PHP extensions)

Error from Updater Application Cron Script:
Cron job has not been configured yet

Check Component Dependency

We found conflicting component dependencies.

Command "update" failed: Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- mailchimp/mc-magento2 1.3.33 requires magento/framework 102.0.* -> satisfiable by magento/framework[102.0.0, 102.0.1].
- mailchimp/mc-magento2 1.3.33 requires magento/framework 102.0.* -> satisfiable by magento/framework[102.0.0, 102.0.1].
- magento/framework 102.0.1 requires php ~7.1.3||~7.2.0 -> your PHP version (7.0.33) does not satisfy that requirement.
- magento/framework 102.0.0 requires php ~7.1.3||~7.2.0 -> your PHP version (7.0.33) does not satisfy that requirement.
- Installation request for mailchimp/mc-magento2 1.3.33 -> satisfiable by mailchimp/mc-magento2[1.3.33].

PHP Settings Check *

For additional assistance, see PHP settings check help .

PHP Extensions Check

missing PHP extensions. Hide detail

The best way to resolve this is to install the correct missing extensions. The exact fix depends on our server, your host, and other system variables. 
Our PHP extension help can get you started.

For additional assistance, contact your hosting provider.

The reason I think it's shared hosting is that I had a previous issue with Cron jobs.  I can't setup Cron jobs in my shared hosting, I have to create a scheduled task in my hosting control panel and write a simple PHP to execute jobs like reindex and the path to the PHP has to be full ... eg (/usr/bin/php70 ) as I'm using php 7

My other option is to install the extensions manually, which I'd rather not have to do as it's open for more errors.

Running Magento 2.2.6

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Extension Manager install failing

Schoolboy error.  I was trying to install a really old version.  Sorry everyone!! :-)

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I've tried to run the same for a system upgrade from 2.2.6 CE to 2.3.1 CE and got exactly the same error in the readiness check.  

If someone can come back to me and help please.  

Thank you!

I have an update on this.  My hosting providers have done some changes which incl. updating the PHP version from 7.3 to 7.1 and added some cron jobs into the control panel task scheduler:

/usr/bin/php71 /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/magento-v226/bin/magento cron:run | grep -v "Ran jobs by schedule" >> /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/magento-v226/var/log/magento.cron.log

/usr/bin/php71 /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/magento-v226/update/cron.php >> /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxxpublic_html/magento-v226/var/log/update.cron.log

/usr/bin/php71 /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/magento-v226/bin/magento setup:cron:run >> /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/magento-v226/var/log/setup.cron.log

This one I already added and was working fine

/usr/bin/php70 -f /xxxx/xxxxx/xx/x/xxxxxxxxxx/public_html/cronjobs/reindex.php

The Extension Manager is now passing the readiness check apart from Check Component Dependency

We found conflicting component dependencies.

Command "update" failed: Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

Problem 1
- Can only install one of: magento/framework[102.0.0, 101.0.6].
- Can only install one of: magento/framework[102.0.1, 101.0.6].
- magento/product-community-edition 2.2.6 requires magento/framework 101.0.6 -> satisfiable by magento/framework[101.0.6].
- Installation request for magento/product-community-edition 2.2.6 -> satisfiable by magento/product-community-edition[2.2.6].
- Installation request for mailchimp/mc-magento2 1.3.33 -> satisfiable by mailchimp/mc-magento2[1.3.33].

I tried the mailchimp extension as an example.

Any help please would be really appreciated.  Thank you!

Schoolboy error.  I was trying to install a really old version.  Sorry everyone!! :-)

Hello,

Please which version did you install ?

Best Regards