cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to add extension in Magento 2.0 admin!?

How to add extension in Magento 2.0 admin!?

So I have been frustrated for a week on trying to add an extension to my Magento 2.0 website. Everything I look at shows how to for the older versions and seems very simple. I have not found any help with this with even contacting Magento. Please help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: How to add extension in Magento 2.0 admin!?

Hi @tyater

Magento2 has no option of using Magento connect  in admin.

If you have a valid Magento 2 extension you have to install it manually.

---
Problem Solved Click Accept as Solution!:Magento Community India Forum

Is it planned to add this feature under Magento 2.x Admin (as under Magento 1.x Admin) ?

Hello

What if I have any old version of any extension which supported magento 1.9.x , and I want to install it on magento 2.0 , how will I achieve it.

Thanks..

Installing Magento 2 extension is a easy task .. you just need to extract your extension zip file and place the folder inside your Magento 2 app/code directory so that the structure should be like app/code/namespace/module-name

then you have to run some commands for registering your Magento 2 extension

open terminal inside your Magento 2 directory , parallel to the app directory

run these commands-

[1] sudo chmod -R 777 /path of Magento 2 folder  such as /opt/lampp/htdocs/Training/Magento_2.0 ( giving read write permission to your magento 2 directory)

if you are using linux operating system then you have to run this command . for windows it is not necessary.

[2] /opt/lampp/bin/php bin/magento setup:upgrade (for registering your extension)

[3] /opt/lampp/bin/php bin/magento setup:di:compile (for compiling your extension code)

now flush your cache , delete cache folder from your Magento 2 var directory.