cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Integrating Magento with Facebook to create a product catalogue

Integrating Magento with Facebook to create a product catalogue

I've followed all the steps to integrate Facebook with Magento in order to create a product catalogue for my client https://www.facebook.com/business/help/532749253576163. I've got two issues I need help with:

1) When it got to the point that I had to link the Facebook Page and Pixel, it gave me an error saying the Pixel was already installed on the page. So I had to go into Tag Manager and remove the Pixel and events codes from the website, although this meant that now all my custom audiences are not available to use any longer. The Pixel codes are the same (the Facebook one and the one Magento pulled in) as the Pixel helper can see track them both. However, somehow Facebook does not recognise this, does anyone know why and what to do? 

2) Also, the products' IDs don't match between the website and the Facebook catalogue, even though Facebook is pulling information from the right Magento feed. Has anyone come across this issue before? 

Does anyone know how to rectify these problems please?

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Integrating Magento with Facebook to create a product catalogue

Hi @rthompson82,

Which Magento module/extensions did you installed?

Hello @rthompson82

Facebook official extension should help in a easy way

https://github.com/facebookincubator/facebook-for-magento

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

Well, catalog and Pixel both are created manually at Facebook and then the catalog is connected with the Extension. If you are facing this issue then it might have occurred because your Pixel and Catalog are not connected with the extension.
Now moving to the second issue, I would like to let you know that if the product's id (SKU) does not match between the Magento product catalog and Facebook catalog then the information cannot be synced with Magento.

Form my user experience, I personally suggest you move with Cedcommerce's Facebook Shop Integration Extension, it is the one who helped me a lot targeting customers from Facebook. Their Facebook extension is very easy to use for listing all of your product on Facebook in a go. This extension supports various features including real-time synchronization of product, price, and inventory with the help of crons. Crons are automated programming jobs through which product feed is generated at Magento and then it syncs with Facebook page. So this made me stick to their solution cause it was just perfectly suiting to all my needs. You can review at your level and take your decision.

Have a look at their extension: https://cedcommerce.com/magento-2-extensions/facebook-shop-magento-2-integration

If you liked the solution click Kudos!