Did you mean: 

Magento 2.2.6 Install With Composer problems

Magento 2.2.6 Install With Composer problems

Dears, i can't install extension via composer. For example command 

composer require mailchimp/mc-magento2:1.0.32

Seems that every thing is ok.

./composer.json has been updated
Loading composer repositories with package information
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Package operations: 2 installs, 0 updates, 0 removals
  - Installing ebizmarts/mailchimp-lib (3.0.29): Loading from cache
  - Installing mailchimp/mc-magento2 (1.0.32): Loading from cache
Writing lock file
Generating autoload files
bin/magento module:status
Spoiler
Spoiler
List of disabled modules:
Ebizmarts_MailChimp
bin/magento module:enable Ebizmarts_MailChimp --clear-static-content
The following modules have been enabled:
- Ebizmarts_MailChimp

To make sure that the enabled modules are properly registered, run 'setup:upgrade'.
Cache cleared successfully.
Generated classes cleared successfully. Please run the 'setup:di:compile' command to generate classes.
Generated static view files cleared successfully.

upgrade and compile returns no error. But module is not activated, going to web setup wizard

screenshoot.png

screenshoot2.png

This is not only for this module. I am facing same problem installing other modules too. I had million times checked file writing permission. 

File download and install to app/code not working because compiler can't find other dependent Class-files. And there is no complete download.  What can be the problem? Please help. 

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Magento 2.2.6 Install With Composer problems

Hi @akhundof,

Look for var/update_status.log.

If there is a file named var/.update_error.flag, delete it.

You said earlier you "deleted cron files". You shouldn't need to do that. Make sure you have crons set up for the Magento file system owner (the user who runs Magento cron jobs).

crontab -u <username> -l

That file does not exist on the file system.

By "deleted cron files," I actually meant deleting var/.update_cronjob_status and var/.setup_cronjob_status (as per troubleshooting instructions).

*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/cli/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/bin/magento cron:run
*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/update/cron.php
*/1 * * * * php -c /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/bin/magento setup:cron:run

I checked the official cron docs and see that it has been updated to redirect output to files.  I also don't know why I am using the CLI PHP ini for one of the jobs and FPM for the others; either I made a mistake or the instructions I was following were different at the time.  

I removed the old jobs and entered new ones:

*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/bin/magento cron:run > /srv/www/magento2/var/log/magento.cron.log&
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/update/cron.php > /srv/www/magento2/var/log/update.cron.log&
*/1 * * * * /usr/bin/php -c /etc/php5/fpm/php.ini /srv/www/magento2/bin/magento setup:cron:run > /srv/www/magento2/var/log/setup.cron.log&

And there we go, the system is now passing the Readiness Check!  I suspect the entry referencing the CLI .ini file was the issue, but if it's my mistake, it's an odd one to make, because it sticks out like crazy to me, so I have to wonder if I was following someone else's or older documentation.

If my solution is useful, give kudos & accept as solution

Best regards
Madhuresan
bootsgrid

After 3 days of research, i had took backup of magento, reinstalled whole server OS, reconfigured apache installed magento and imported old magento, and it is working. I don't know what was the reason, may be php settings... Actually i don't know ( If i face this kind of problem i wil ltry your suggestions. 

Hi guys,

Just in case someone needs an instruction to install an extension, I found this one helpful and want to share:

https://beeketing.com/blog/install-magento-extensions/

They show 2 most common ways to install extensions: via Marketplace and Composer. (I recommend using Composer) It's not as hard as I thought. Only cost me a few hours to install this one: https://marketplace.magento.com/beeketing-magento-beeketing.html

FYI, I'm not a developer :v

Cheers,