cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Manual Install

Manual Install

Hello, i have several extensions i need to install but am really confused. I have noticed in some of the documentation it says to upload the files to app/code then run 

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
    php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

which i have used for some and it works. But some have an added composer step. 

If the extension doesnt come with documentation (cloudinary) how do i know which method to use? I can't use web start wizard which would make this 100x easier because it gets stuck during the process of installing and stays stuck. Thanks in advice for your help

1 REPLY 1

Re: Manual Install

From looking at the repository for the cloudinary extension, there is a dependency defined in composer so I'd recommend running composer install to see if that installs anything. I don't know where you got the cloudinary package from to know what sort of format it's in. There's no harm in running composer install even if you didn't need to.

https://github.com/cloudinary/cloudinary_magento/blob/master/magento2/composer.json

----
If you've found one of my answers useful, please give "Kudos" or "Accept as Solution" as appropriate. Thanks!