cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem Installing Product Recommendations for M2

Problem Installing Product Recommendations for M2

Hi,

I am trying to install the Product recommendations for M2 but getting the following error

Command used: composer require Magento/product-recommendations

Problem 1
     - Installation request for magento/product-recommendations 2.0 -> satisfiable by magento/product-recommendations[2.0.0].
     - magento/product-recommendations 2.0.0 requires magento/module-product-recommendations-admin 2.0.0 -> no matching package found.

When try running this

Command used: composer require Magento/module-product-recommendations-admin it says 

Installation failed, reverting ./composer.json to its original content.
/var/www/vhosts/norlias.no/upgrade.norlias.no$ composer require magento/module-product-recommendations-admin

[InvalidArgumentException]
I could not find a matching version of package Magento/module-product-recommendations-admin. Check the package spelling, your version constraint and that the package is available instability which matches your minimum-stability (dev).

7 REPLIES 7

Re: Problem Installing Product Recommendations for M2

Hi @mr_bukhari ,

Could you please check below link. This may help you.

https://devdocs.magento.com/recommendations/install-configure.html

Thanks!

----
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Its not working, when try install

composer require magento/product-recommendations

it says required composer require magento/product-recommendations-admin but there is no such package.

Hi @mr_bukhari 

Could you please try below command for the installation.

composer require magento/product-recommendations --no-update

And i am hoping you have already installed the dependencies mentioned in the 

https://devdocs.magento.com/recommendations/install-configure.html

Please check.

Screenshot from 2020-04-19 17-08-27.png----

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Hello I am also having this problem in magento cloud, I have problems like installing recommended products.

1) Execute the documentation command, for some reason it doesn't work, as it shows me an attached image error.

2) Search the Internet for a possible solution where, by placing this command, the composer updates the magento / product recommendations --with dependencies and manually adds the dependency "magento / product recommendations": "^ 2.0", attached photo, my question is would the installation be ok?

my steps to follow were: 1) composer require magento / product-recommendations It gives me this info: Could not find a matching version of package magento / product-recommendations. Check the package spelling, your vers ion constraint and that the package is available in a stability which matches your minimum-stability (alpha). then try this composer update magento / product-recommendations --with-dependencies and manually place the dependency please help Smiley Sad 

Hey Just Try Below command in root directory of magento 2

composer require magento/product-recommendations-admin

its worked for me..

No. Even after trying to install product-recommendations-admin it didn't work.

Tried installing product-recommendations using composer require as well.

Any solution to this would be greatly appreciated as it is the initial step towards implementing product recommendations.

Thanks for your help.

As per the official documentation, first installed saas_export and data_services dependencies. But upon installing saas_export module got bunch of errors.

So I tried uninstalling the module, and deleted its folder.

Now problem is I am not able to access my magento site.

Any solution on that would be greatly appreciated.