cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two way Inventory Sync in Square Payments for M1?

Two way Inventory Sync in Square Payments for M1?

I looked in the app marketplace on the Square Account Dashboard for an app to connect our Magento shop with Square.  I used the get started button for Magento and was directed to an extension named 'Square Payments'. On Magento connect it says that Square (squareup.com) is the Seller and Integrator of the extension.

M1 Extension: https://marketplace.magento.com/square-square-omni.html

M1 Extension Docs:  chrome-extension://oemmndcbldboiebfnladdacbdfmadadm/https://marketplace.magento.com/media/catalog/pr...

I have the extension installed and working according to the documentation.  I used Magento as my 'System of records'.  All the products, inventory and images did an initial sync from Magento to Square. The initial sync looked good.  When product or inventory is updated in the Magento admin then those changes are synced to the associated square products twice an hour.

In the documentation under Webhooks 4.5 it says:

"All modifications to inventory made in Magento are instantly pushed to Square. Modifications done to the inventory in Square need to wait for the cron to run (twice an hour) in order to be reflected in Magento. If however you need that modifications done to the inventory in Square to be instantly visible in Magento as well, you will have to enable webhooks. They will allow any change in inventory (including orders) to be instantaneously synchronized with Square."

I have enabled webhooks and sent a successful test to the endpoint from within the Square app admin.

Problem:

The problem arises when a transaction is made in Square. For example, I have a synced product that has 60 stock in both Magento and Square.  When a transaction is created for 1 item in Square then inventory is properly reduced in the Square product by 1, from 60 to 59.  When the next automatic (twice an hour) update happens I expect the value in Magento will update to 59.  The value does not update to 59 in Magento, instead the value in Square is overwritten and set back to 60. 

Questions:

1. Is the sync one direction only, or is it supposed to sync inventory in both directions?
  2. Does anyone know who the actual developer of the extension is?
    1. Magento connect says that Square is the seller and integrator of the app.  Square phone support said that they are not the developers of the extension and that 'Magento' built and handles the plugin.

Does anyone have suggestions for a different M1 Square extension that does two way inventory syncing?

1 REPLY 1

Re: Two way Inventory Sync in Square Payments for M1?

@literayz  Did you find what you need?