cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Installing extension its showing some error

While Installing extension its showing some error

Check Component Dependency. We found conflicting component dependencies.

Command "update" failed: Loading composer repositories with package information

[RuntimeException] 
Failed to execute git clone --mirror 'git@github.com:MagePsycho/magento2-easy-template-path-hints.git' '/home/camway/public_html/var/composer_home/cache/vcs/git-github.com-MagePsycho-magento2-easy-template-path-hints.git/' 

update [--prefer-source] [--prefer-dist] [--dry-run] [--dev] [--no-dev] [--lock] [--no-custom-installers] [--no-autoloader] [--no-scripts] [--no-progress] [--no-suggest] [--with-dependencies] [-v|vv|vvv|--verbose] [-o|--optimize-autoloader] [-a|--classmap-authoritative] [--apcu-autoloader] [--ignore-platform-reqs] [--prefer-stable] [--prefer-lowest] [-i|--interactive] [--root-reqs] [--] [<packages>]...

18 REPLIES 18

Re: While Installing extension its showing some error

Try to run update command first
Run from magento root folder
composer update
If Issue Solved, Click Kudos/Accept As solutions. Get Magento insight from
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Hi @vnair_gayathri

Well if its still not worked for you try another option.

Below is the alternate option which works for you and extension will installed easily.

Download the extension you are trying to install from here manually - https://github.com/MagePsycho/magento2-custom-shipping/archive/master.zip

After that extract this extension and move to app/code directory - here is the full path -  /path/to/magento2/app/code/MagePsycho/Customshipping/

Then after run below commands :

php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:clean
php bin/magento cache:flush

Then check your extension will installed !!

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I just tried to install magento 2.2.4 on a shared server which hosts my domains.

I got an error message 

Autoload error

Vendor autoload is not found. Please run 'composer install' under application root directory.

I was told I couldn't install the program because magento wants access to the root directory, but since I am on a shared server I was told the program won't install. 

However, I noticed when I unzipped magento I didn't see an Install.php file, I tried running using index.php which was all I saw.   Can you tell me what my problem is for installation?

Thank you,

Steven

Hi @sssteven4

Looking at the error you posted - seems like composer is not installed on your server.

kindly run below command from the root directory of magento 2 (not your server) but magento 2 root directory.

composer install

Then after try to install magento2 again !! installation will start !!

hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

Thank you for your reply, I really appreciate the help. One thing I do not understand, where do I get the program "composer install" from?

Also I am not exactly sure how to run a command from my root directory?

I am not a computer programmer so I only know basics when it comes to these things. To install magento, I just uploaded it with ftp and then typed from a browser the path to try and install.

Can I type the command line from a browser if I install the composer in my directory?

Thank you again,

Steven

You just need to Connect with SSH to run command,

Go To magento root path where you have install magento,

Run command,

composer install

Composer will automatically downloaded using command line.

Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial

Thank you again for your help.

I will  try what you said, although I still have 1 question,  I assume composer install is a program, is it already on my server, which would mean it is part of magento 2, or do I have to upload the composer install program first?

Thank you again,

Steven

Thank you again for your help.

I will  try what you said, although I still have 1 question,  I assume composer install is a program, is it already on my server, which would mean it is part of magento 2, or do I have to upload the composer install program first?

Thank you again,

Steven

Composer is must required in magento 2. Its part of magento 2 to run command.

You need to run command first for install composer
Composer install
Magento 2 Blogs/Tutorial