cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

While Installing extension its showing some error

Re: While Installing extension its showing some error

Rakesh,

I would really like to thank you for your help.\

I am having trouble with the composer install issue.

I downloaded puTTY but I have no idea what to do at this point.

So I installed puTTY properly and followed the instructions. When I get to my password, I install it and then the screen disappears.

As I stated from the beginning I am not a computer programmer so I am at a loss.

Can you please tell me what I need to do from this point?

If you can please speak to me as if I were not smart it might get better results.

Thank you again for your help.

Steven

Which OS using in local. Please share screenshot so identify the issue.

My computer is a windows 7 OS. 

I don't know what to send you a screen shot of, when I try to run PUTTY, I get the black screen with a  command prompt. The program asks me for my password after I type it in, the black  window with the command prompt just disappears from my computer. I looked in task manager and PUtty is not running anywhere so I do not know what I am supposed to do.

Thank you,

Steven

Hi Steven @sssteven4

Well as you are using putty - when putty is opened - first you need entered server hostname and port number for the same !

After entering both the details hostname and portnumber - it will ask you for the username and password .

Then you need to enter username and password for the same ~!

if username and password are correct then you are logged into the system and now you can use commands for the same !

Hope it helps !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I don't think I am explaining my problem well enough.  I installed PUTTY, I entered the correct  host name and username in the program. I then click on the open button in putty  and it brings me to the server in the black command screen. 

The host sight asks for my password, and when I enter it, the program then closes.

If I enter the wrong password I get an error message so I have done everything correctly up until that point. I do not know why the program closes when I enter the correct password, because I have never done this before and I am not sure what the proper result is supposed to be.

Hi @sssteven4

Yes - that's the issue your password seems like not correct ! putty is only closed either your password is wrong or your server won't allowed you to access this !!

Thank you for your help, I think it might be a server issue on access. I will check with my hosting provider to see if they are the problem.

Steven

Yes that would be a good option as its more related to server side issue ..

Anyways post here if you required more help on this , Happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy

I get the error "'Composer' is not recognized as an internal or external command,
operable program or batch file." while running "composer install" command.....