cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Admin Panel error

Admin Panel error

Hello,

I installed Magento and everything looks good. But when i go to my admin-panel and fill in my username and password i can't login to the backoffice. When i fill in the username and password and click "LOGIN" the username and password field go empty and thats it.

Can anyone tell me the solution for this problem? Re-install doesn't work, already tryed that.

Thank you!

8 REPLIES 8

Re: Admin Panel error

This sounds as though it will be cookie related.. Can you try to login with a private browsing window?

Are you literally doing a blank install with no pre-configured database / modules / settings?

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

DId you try to clear your browser cache/cookie and delete the var/session of your Magento install?

Hello,

I have the same problem...

Tried also the installation on different computers and every time when i try to login on the backend of the localhost-website, the fields go empty en nothing happens.

I've tried also on a private chrome application, but i have the same problem...

I get a little desperate, it's my first tryout with magento and it does not go as well

Thanks for any help!

@Daisycloove: As each issues can have a different cause, it'll be better if you can open a new topic about your issue. 

@JLHC

Hi,

I have opened a new topic about this issue now, but I do not understand why I have to do this? I have exactly the same problem as mentionned in this topic.

@Daisycloove: While you may see the same problem (empty pages after logging in), it can be caused by entirely different reasons. 

As such, we prefer to keep them separate so it will also not confuse others who wants to help @VanVanAlles troubleshoot the issue. 

Hello,

I've tried the Private Window and deleted all coocies but i still got the same problem.

What can i do more to get in the backend?

Greetz, Jasper....

@VanVanAlles wrote:

Hello,

I've tried the Private Window and deleted all coocies but i still got the same problem.

What can i do more to get in the backend?

Greetz, Jasper....

This sound like a server related problem then. 

Firstly, go through and make sure that all file permissions are set correctly. For some servers, files should be set to 644 and directories to 755 while for others, it can be 666 and 777 (which is actually insecure). You may need to consult with your hosting provider to see which file permission is required in their server environment. 

If having the correct file permission still doesn't resolve the issue, you may want to confirm if the server itself is compatible with Magento or if you need to try installing Magento elsewhere.