cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Database connection error

SOLVED

Database connection error

I'm trying to installl  magento 1.9.2.1 using File Zilla but when its comming to Configuration I'm gettin "Database connection error."

somone who can help me?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Database connection error

Hi,

This is likely because you have some of your database details entered wrong or a permission issue whilst trying to connect.

Can you check in you var/log/exception.log file to see if there are any errors in there?

If you don't see anything in there... edit the file app\code\core\Mage\Install\Model\Installer\Db.php and find the below code:

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('install')->__('Database connection error.'));

Change it too:

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('install')->__($e->getMessage()));

This time when you try it should output some error message indicating which part of your setup was wrong.

Let us know how you get on.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

This is likely because you have some of your database details entered wrong or a permission issue whilst trying to connect.

Can you check in you var/log/exception.log file to see if there are any errors in there?

If you don't see anything in there... edit the file app\code\core\Mage\Install\Model\Installer\Db.php and find the below code:

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('install')->__('Database connection error.'));

Change it too:

Mage::throwException(Mage::helper('install')->__($e->getMessage()));

This time when you try it should output some error message indicating which part of your setup was wrong.

Let us know how you get on.

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hello
1. The error message that I see is "
Database server does not support the InnoDB storage engine.
"
I'm not able to go through configuration step during magento 1.9.1.1 EE installation with WAMP.

2. The solution to the error message that I face with is : http://stackoverflow.com/questions/15443448/magento-install-complains-about-missing-innodb-when-it-i...

In my case there is no app/code/core/Mage/Install/Model/Installer/Db/Mysql4.php file.

Any tips?

wrong database name , host and wrong database user name ,password