cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Db_Statement' not found

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Db_Statement' not found

hi i try to install magento on my server but after the database step i get this error Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Db_Statement' not found in /public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php

can anybody help thanks

6 REPLIES 6

Re: Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Db_Statement' not found

Hi tesladisk

Without knowing anything about your server setup its slightly hard to tell. A few simple things you can check for would be:

• Does the file lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php exists?
  • And if it does so does it contain a php class named Zend_Db_Statement (on line 42 it should say: abstract class Zend_Db_Statement implements Zend_Db_Statement_Interface)

If either of these are false, you should properly grab a fresh copy of Magento 1.9.1 from magento.com and try installing it again.

It might also be a file permision error, check if the file: "lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php" is readable by your webservers user.

Finally if none of the above is true, try checking your Webserver or PHP error log, depending on your setup thees can be located different places, if you aren't sure where to look, ask your hosting provider, they should be able to help you out.

I hope this helps :-)

Hi the file lib/Zend/Db/Statement.php exist and the line 42 has abstract class Zend_Db_Statement implements Zend_Db_Statement_Interface i check permision and it is readable but i check the error log and i get this

error: Class 'Zend_Db_Statement' not found in /home/vapersshop/public_html/lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php on line 40

so it gives me another line from the one i get in browser .

server is self managed host only help in hardware .

VPS Server 4 core 6 GB ram running on DSO why i have another website and needs DSO to run .

Apache 2.2.29 PHP 5.4.38  Cpanel i have run the magento test and was succesful

i am in the process to learn i am not a coder but i understand where and how i can touch the code i try to move from prestashop to magento, prestashop has to many bugs not very stable any help it will be much appreciated .sorry for my english i am from greece .thanks

Hi Tesladisk

The error line is correct, since its php class depending on another. It could be your basepath being set wrong, But your system shouldn't be able to find the first Object if it doesn't work.

If this is some very random system error, an easy way to fix this to comment in line 26 in lib/Zend/Db/Statement/Pdo.php

#require_once 'Zend/Db/Statement.php';

Change to

require_once 'Zend/Db/Statement.php';

This might not work for long, since it could just be ignoring a bigger problem (meaning the autoloader not working properly with your server configuration).

Hi @tesladisk 

A member of my team had a runin with this same issue, for a new setup. The issue on our server was that the PHP variable, open_basedir was set incorrectly, setting this to the correct directory (and restarting PHP) fixed the problem.

I hope this helps you.

Hi @Theis Corfixen

i really do not know how to change this is on the server or to magento files

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Cache_Backend' not found

Fatal error: Class 'Zend_Cache_Backend' not found in /home/......../public_html/lib/Zend/Cache/Backend/File.php on line 40