cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Having the worst luck installing Magento need help please!

Having the worst luck installing Magento need help please!

No matter what I do or try I seem to run into dead ends. It all started when I accidentally deleted my root user and couldn't log back into phpmyadmin. I have tried editing every configuration file available nothing worked. Finally I tried to install Ubuntu on a virtual box and try that but of course I can't figure out how to install magento on there and after trying for hours I somehow managed to crash Ubuntu and it won't even let me log back in soo...that idea isn't working for me. I am on a windows 7 machine...tried uninstalling/reinstalling XAMPP completely. That worked, I am able to get back into phpmyadmin but now I can't reinstall Magento..I get so far as the installation screen but as soon as I type in my username/password and all of that information and click next it flashes then goes to a screen that says:

There has been an error processing your request

Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons.

Error log record number: 1903473701

Not really sure what to do anymore and I am on the brink of going insane..I HAVE to get this to work my business depends on it and I am running out of ideas..any assistance to get me back up and running would be very grateful I have been messing with this for a good week now and no progress whatsoever.

Web Developer/Marketing Expert
3 REPLIES 3

Re: Having the worst luck installing Magento need help please!

I checked /var/reports and this is what the error I am getting in Windows7 install:

a:5:{i:0;s:276:"Error in file: "E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\SalesRule\sql\salesrule_setup\upgrade-1.6.0.1-1.6.0.2.php" - SQLSTATE[42S02]: Base table or view not found: 1146 Table 'magento.coupon_aggregated_updated' doesn't exist, query was: DESCRIBE `coupon_aggregated_updated`";i:1;s:962:"#0 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(645): Mage::exception('Mage_Core', 'Error in file: ...')
#1 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(437): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_modifyResourceDb('upgrade', '1.6.0.1', '1.6.0.3')
#2 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(320): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->_upgradeResourceDb('1.6.0.1', '1.6.0.3')
#3 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\Resource\Setup.php(235): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup->applyUpdates()
#4 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(417): Mage_Core_Model_Resource_Setup::applyAllUpdates()
#5 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\code\core\Mage\Core\Model\App.php(343): Mage_Core_Model_App->_initModules()
#6 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\app\Mage.php(684): Mage_Core_Model_App->run(Array)
#7 E:\xampp\htdocs\magento\index.php(87): Mage::run('', 'store')
#8 {main}";s:3:"url";s:9:"/magento/";s:11:"script_name";s:18:"/magento/index.php";s:4:"skin";s:7:"default";}

Web Developer/Marketing Expert

me too coming same problem ..finding solutions

Hai friend Install using Apache ports with 80,443...its installing..problem because of PDO connection with ports....i got error because i changed ports

use 

Listen 443 in httpd-ssl.conf..

have fun