cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I fix this error

How can I fix this error

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'PDOException' with message 'SQLSTATE[HY000]: General error: 2006 MySQL server has gone away' in /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php:66107 Stack trace: #0 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(66107): PDOStatement->execute(Array) #1 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql.php(110): Zend_Db_Statement_Pdo->_execute(Array) #2 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(65695): Varien_Db_Statement_Pdo_Mysql->_execute(Array) #3 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(54884): Zend_Db_Statement->execute(Array) #4 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(55921): Zend_Db_Adapter_Abstract->query('SELECT `mgmi_co...', Array) #5 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(56859): Zend_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Abstract->query('SELECT `mgmi_co...', Array) #6 /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php(55232): Varien_Db_Adapter_Pdo_Mysql->query(Object(Varien_Db_Select), Array) #7 /home/shopgsx6/p in /home/shopgsx6/public_html/includes/src/__default.php on line 66114

Thank you
2 REPLIES 2

Re: How can I fix this error

We experience this issue often @iweb on Macs and the only solution we have is to restart MySQL. It seems to be an issue with PDO and bound parameters which somehow causes a crash in MySQL, but so far we've not Identified the cause. Hopefully someone else can shed some light on this?
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Re: How can I fix this error

Hi,

Its a kind of error which happen there is issues with DB connections,  PHP script taking too long to execute or response is very large (which is probable in case of Magento)

==========

you can make the following changes to my.cnf settings:

max_allowed_packet = 16M
wait_timeout = 1800
connect_timeout = 120
Then need to restart your MySQL server.

===========

If the above solution doesnot work try to run your raw sql query and test if its actually working properly.