cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento 19.2.2 Installation Problem

Magento 19.2.2 Installation Problem

I am attempting to install Magento CE 1.9.2.2 on Godaddy for hosting. The account I have with Godaddy uses a single primary domain with several of my other domains as subdomains (it's one of their packages to reduce customer costs vs creating a server for each domain). Anyway, I have a number of other stores that are running with other ecommerce software. I am able, without any special configuration, to install software and it runs using the subdomain as a virtual primary domain (i.e. instead of using www.primary-domain.com/subdomain I can just do www.sub-domain.com.)

After uploading Magento, I wasn't able to start the install using www.sub-domain.com  as with other ecommerce packages, as the Magento installation was looking in the wrong place for the required files (using sub-domain.com/sub-domain).

Once I figured out what was going on, I was able to successfully install Magento using primary-domain.com/subdomain. I am not using SSL yet... testing... and I've not changed any magento files.

No URL redirection is in use.

I would really like to get some sort of fix for this because from what I've seen just looking around at what WAS installed appears awesome... I want it! Smiley Happy

I hope I've given you enough info to understand what's going on.

Thanks,

Mike

12 REPLIES 12

Re: Magento 19.2.2 Installation Problem

You should be able to change the Base URL to the correct domain in Magento Admin --> System --> Configuration --> Web. 

Make sure to clear all caches once you changed this and it should work with the new domain unless there's some server level configuration issues with your domains. 

Thank you for responding... But no, that didn't resolve the issue. I've tested a number of shopping carts and this is the first time I've had an issue like this so I'm thinking it's not a server configuration issue (however, will contact GoDaddy and see what they say). The domain is using VPS, seems like something is defining the absolute webroot as the base URL or something along those lines. I'm no programmer... just sayin'. Smiley Happy

From perusing the backend and toying with the configuration and catalog, I believe Magento is exactly what I've been looking for. So would like to figure this out. Thank you for the help.

Mike

I contacted GoDaddy. There's no problem with how I have the domain set up. I know that others are using Magento on GoDaddy but not whether or not it's installed in the webroot on a dedicated (non-vps) server.

Here is everything I know about this issue:

This is where the browser (firefox) is directed for installation: http://www.jsragman.com/jsragman/index.php/install/
The jsragman directory does not exist except under the root (the root contains the primary domain files)

This is the error received:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
Apache Server at www.jsragman.com Port 80

Error Log:
[Sat Jan 16 14:14:04 2016] [2590967] [negotiation:error] [client 96.254.217.38:55780] AH00687: Negotiation: discovered file(s) matching request: /var/chroot/home/content/67/2590967/html/jsragman/install (None could be negotiated).
[Sat Jan 16 14:14:04 2016] [2590967] [core:error] [client 96.254.217.38:55780] AH00124: Request exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable configuration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

Using the URL www.colorful-impressions.com/jsragman will allow the installation to start.
colorful-impresssion is the primary domain on a GoDaddy VPS server having a dedicated ip address.

SSL is not being used for testing.

Changing the URL information in Admin > Configuration > Web causes the Backend to become inaccessible. Frontend seems to be fine but with the wrong URL.

I'm not sure how your VPS is setup but it doesn't seem to be setup correctly to run multi-domains. 

I Googled the message in your Error Log (which seem to be the cause of the issue) and found the following link:-

http://www.bennadel.com/blog/2218-negotiation-discovered-file-s-matching-request-none-could-be-negot...

You may want to go through and see if the solution works for you. 

Thank you for that information... it's VERY interesting. I talked with GoDaddy... Multiview is not enabled. However, I'm going to work with this information to see if this will resolve the issue. This is the ONLY thing I've found to be even remotely associated with the problem I'm having. Thanks again,

Mike

Well, it doesn't appear to be Multiview, at least by itself. Did quite a bit of reading on the .htaccess contents and was quite enlightening. There's definitely a configuration issue just can't locate it. Thanks for the assistance though.

Yes, it does seem like a configuration issue with the VPS when handling multiple domains. 

Are you using any control panel for the VPS? Is it Unmanaged or Managed? 

I have very little control over VPS itself with GoDaddy. I've never had an issue like this as I currently using another shopping cart. I've also tested several others and have never run across an issue that couldn't be resolved through .htaccess or php.ini or php5.ini settings. I've even removed .htaccess from every domain to ensure that there no interference with the Magento install. It seems I've made it my mission to get Magento to install the way I want. The most interesting thing is that if I place the Magento package in a folder off the webroot in a directory not specifically assigned to a domain, it installs absolutely perfectly (kudos). Where things go wrong is installing Magento from a folder that is the virtual webroot for another domain.

absolute (the real) webroot = colorful-impressions.com

virtual domain = jsragman.com

The directory looks like this:

webroot

- <jsragman> (the directory assigned as the virtual webroot for jsragman)

I even attempted to install from a subdirectory within jsragman, with the same issue.

What is curious to me is why, when installing Magento from the jsragman directory, when I try to go to www.jsragman.com to begin the installation the browser is "redirected" to www.jsragman.com/jsragman/index.php/install/. It's no wonder that an error appears since there is no jsragman directory within the jsragman directory (domain)... hence the 404 error. I just can't figure out what is defining the second jsragman. Installing from a subdirectory within jsragman results in a similar error as it tries to install from www.jsragman.com/jsragman/shop/index.php/install (where <shop> is the subdirectory).

Thanks,

Mike