cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do I add a promo code or coupon code to Magento?

How do I add a promo code or coupon code to Magento?

Hi,

How do i add a promotion code for all of my products for a period?

I want to add a 10% promotion in the month December.

Can somebody explain me how i can realize this, is this by the magento system or by using FTP?

Note: I tried several ways to get this promotion field but i didn't succeed, maybe I didn't follow the right steps. 

1 REPLY 1

Re: How do I add a promo code or coupon code to Magento?

Hello.

If you want to provide your customers 10% off promo code on all products, you can create it this way:

1) Go to Promotions -> Shopping Cart Price Rules

2) Apply rule information settings - rule name, active status, customer groups, coupon (or generate it at 5th step) and validity date.

3) In Actions tab select Apply: Percent of product price discount and Discount Amount: 10

4) Save and continue edit

5) Additionally, if you at the first step has not entered the code, you can generate it in 'Manage coupon codes' tab

After that client will be able to apply the code at checkout step -

Here are also examples of other most popular promotions that can be created with the help of price rules -

https://www.mag-manager.com/useful-articles/about-magento-shopping-cart/examples-magento-promotions-...

Hope this helps.

Store Manager for Magento 1.x and 2.x - inventory management tool to automatically update products, customers, orders, and other data across multiple sales channels and suppliers.