cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How does Magento communicate with the Magento database

How does Magento communicate with the Magento database

Hi all,

For my study i do a research about the almighty Magento like i said in my previous post(s). I've tried to find out how it works, how the data is being stored into the database and where i can find these files. Then i can see for myself how its being done, but because of lack of knowledge i couldn't succeed and that is why i'm asking you guys if you can help me out with this challenge i have. The questions i've been asking myself is as follow:

- how does Magento communicate with the database?
- What kind of encryption is being used for storing the credentials of the user in the database?
                - Also can i find these files in the source code?
- Which files are being used for the database connection and how/where can i find these files?

I thank you

Najim

1 REPLY 1

Re: How does Magento communicate with the Magento database

Magento uses MVC structure, so entire system is devide in different module. And each module has its own functionality.

1. how does Magento communicate with the database?
----- Magento uses Model to communicate with database.

2. What kind of encryption is being used for storing the credentials of the user in the database?
----- Generally magento uses MD5 type of encryption for storing credentials of the user in database.

3. Also can i find these files in the source code?
----- The file path is depended on for which event or action you are finding. Check or search file in relative module.

4. Which files are being used for the database connection and how/where can i find these files?
----- Magento uses Model to communicate with database. you can find Model file in every extension which communicates with database. Files are located in Magento Extension -> Model folder.