cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing magento community on cluster

SOLVED

Installing magento community on cluster

Here is my situation. We have a cluster of 72 servers for our company app. I'm setting magento up on the same system (13 of the front end web servers). That's all fine, we deal with this every day. We upload files to a central place, then rsync everything to the cluster with automated scripts. 

The issue I am having is just installing Magento. I ran through the install process, and it hangs at the database portion which makes sense. The config file would only be written to the app server the script executed on, and not the entire cluster. Basically, I need to be able to install magento manually. Is there a .sql file that gets executed to setup the database tables? I need the ability to trigger the creation of the database tables. I can edit the config file on our central server to take care of everythig else.

Right now we are seeing this error: Fatal error: Call to a member function getIdFieldName() on a non-object in /home/shop/app/code/core/Mage/Core/Model/Abstract.php on line 151

Which appears to be looking for a database field/table that doesn't exist since the script dies before it gets to that section of code.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing magento community on cluster

@Prosperent

Here's a suggestion that can help you: Install Magento on the local server first and then upload it to live. 

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Re: Installing magento community on cluster

@Prosperent

Here's a suggestion that can help you: Install Magento on the local server first and then upload it to live. 

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now