cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Invalid login credentials when connect from Magento Admin to the Magento connect

SOLVED

Invalid login credentials when connect from Magento Admin to the Magento connect

Hello,

I am the admin of my Magento community 1.9.2 I transferred my magento installation from one Virtual machine to another new one with better performance , now I am trying to connect to the Magento connect Manager however I am always receiving the error message of Invalid login credentials, I deleted all users at the user section, I created a new admin user and tried several times with no luck, still have the same error message

please help and advise how to fix this and connect to the Magento connect

regards

Salah

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Invalid login credentials when connect from Magento Admin to the Magento connect

Use below step hope you can resolve your problem : 

• Browse to the downloader folder
  • Rename your connect.cfg file to something else (or delete it completely)
  • Now log back in to your admin panel and go to: system > cache management
  • Flush the Magento cache and then tick all boxes and refresh the cache for these also.
  • This will create a new connect.cfg file with the correct details. Now try to log in to your Magento connect again and you should have no problems at all logging in.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Invalid login credentials when connect from Magento Admin to the Magento connect

Use below step hope you can resolve your problem : 

• Browse to the downloader folder
  • Rename your connect.cfg file to something else (or delete it completely)
  • Now log back in to your admin panel and go to: system > cache management
  • Flush the Magento cache and then tick all boxes and refresh the cache for these also.
  • This will create a new connect.cfg file with the correct details. Now try to log in to your Magento connect again and you should have no problems at all logging in.

Thanks a lot