cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Magento Connect - Package Install - Challenge Question

SOLVED

Magento Connect - Package Install - Challenge Question

Hi,

When i try to update extensions in Magento Connect/Magento Connect Manager or try to install a new package I receive following error

"CONNECT ERROR: Unsupported resource type"

More precise:

Checking dependencies of packages
Starting to download ND_Alphabank-0.1.1.tgz ...
...done: 13,133 bytes

CONNECT ERROR: Unsupported resource type
Please check the output frame for errors and refresh the page to retry changes.

I have just now moved servers and beforhand there was not problem, only now suddendly after 1:1 file transfer.

Anybody want to take the challenge in answering this?

Phil

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Magento Connect - Package Install - Challenge Question

HI,

I believe your issue will be covered by the following thread. It is caused by having a newer PHP version than your current Magento supports:

http://community.magento.com/t5/Version-Upgrades/Magento-upgrade-from-1-5-to-1-9/m-p/13583#M1037

If this post helped - please mark it as the solution!

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

HI,

I believe your issue will be covered by the following thread. It is caused by having a newer PHP version than your current Magento supports:

http://community.magento.com/t5/Version-Upgrades/Magento-upgrade-from-1-5-to-1-9/m-p/13583#M1037

If this post helped - please mark it as the solution!

Magento Certified Developer Plus | www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

That solved the issue, wow. I just changed {magento}/downloader/lib/Mage/Archive/Tar.php from the old 1.6 Magento version from 

const FORMAT_PARSE_HEADER = a100name/a8mode/a8uid/a8gid/a12size/a12mtime/a8checksum/a1type/a100symlink/a6magic/a2version/a32uname/a32gname/a8devmajor/a8devminor/a155prefix/a12closer';

to

const FORMAT_PARSE_HEADER = Z100name/Z8mode/Z8uid/Z8gid/Z12size/Z12mtime/Z8checksum/Z1type/Z100symlink/Z6magic/Z2version/Z32uname/Z32gname/Z8devmajor/Z8devminor/Z155prefix/Z12closer';

at least I mean I exchanged the information within the ' '   to 

Z100name/Z8mode/Z.......

Poescp,

Glad to hear it!

If there's anything else you need feel free to open another thread!