cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MySQL Version Check

SOLVED

MySQL Version Check

Hi all,

I downloaded Magento yesterday and have just done a check on my webhost using magento-check and it passed all the tests apart from the MySQL version. However, I have been to my webhost cPanel and can see that the version of MySQL installed is 5.6.23 which is greater than the minimum requirement.

Anyone have any ideas why my website failed the check?

More importantly, can I install Magento and run it even though it "failed" the MySQL test?

Thanks,

McB

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: MySQL Version Check

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back with a reply sooner. Seems the MySQL version check error was not an issue. I just installed Magento yesterday, it installed with no issues whatsoever and I am now configuring it for my computer supplies shop.

Thanks for the offers of help though.

McB

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

What is the exact reason it state that your MySQL failed the test? 

If your server satisfy all the requirements including PDO, you should be able to install Magento and have it work properly. 

Apart from ensuring your MySQL server version is up to date, you should ensure that the PDO and PDO_MySQL PHP extensions are installed and enabled; You're probably able to do that through cPanel, although I'm not 100% sure how. These extensions are required for Magento to operate and talk to MySQL - so yes, make sure you have them before continuing with the installation. 

Shahar Evron
CTO, Shoppimon - Website Monitoring, Made for Magento

Hi all,

Thanks for the replies and sorry for not getting back with a reply sooner. Seems the MySQL version check error was not an issue. I just installed Magento yesterday, it installed with no issues whatsoever and I am now configuring it for my computer supplies shop.

Thanks for the offers of help though.

McB