cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Magento install on Docker, can't login to admin

New Magento install on Docker, can't login to admin

I'm really stuck and hope someone can help. I'm switching my development & production to Docker. I've gone through the Magento setup wizard and I see the default demo store page. The problem is I can't login to the admin backend. Even though I enter the correct username and password, it redirects me back to the login page again with no errors.

I've done a bajillion Google searches and have tried all of the recommendations with no luck. Here are a few I've tried.

• Change the timezone
  • Used n98-magerun.phar sys:check (it all came back ok)
  • Verified the Magento requirements
  • Used the 192.168 IP vs localhost and added hosts file entries
  • The permissions on all directories are 777 (boot2docker on Windows using a Vagrant VM).

I'm sure I've done more, but can't recall that now. Please let me know what I'm missing! Thanks!

5 REPLIES 5

Re: New Magento install on Docker, can't login to admin

all you hve to do is to check if session is written and you have correct cookie...

------------
MagenX - Magento and Server optimization

There are files under var/session and var/cache. There are cookies when I go to the site, which I'm assuming are all of the ones necessary.

Hey There.

Did you try clear cache? or in link need put index.php/admin ???

I tried putting index.php/admin with same result.

It's brand new install, so no cache should need to be cleared. However, with each test, I did rm -rf var/cache/* var/sessions/*