cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No install.php file

SOLVED

No install.php file

I am brand new to Magento, but have used other content management systems, mostly WordPress.

I am trying to install Magento on a development subdomain of an existing website that is already running Magento Community. I have uploaded the Magento directory, changed the php.ini file, verified that all system requirements are met, and created a MySQL database and username with corresponding passwords. I'm told the next step is to browse to http://dev.thermalpaperandmore.com/magento/install and the install process should begin. Only one problem...there is no install.php file at that location. I must be missing something, but I have no idea what it could be. The only thing that displays when I go to that URL is the following message: 

Magento supports PHP 5.6, 7.0.2, and 7.0.6 or later. Please read Magento System Requirements.

Any help or direction that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: No install.php file

Ah, I see. Ok, thank you very much.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Well, Magento 1.x doesn't support PHP 5.6 and it definitely doesn't support 7.x. Are you sure that what you're trying to install is Magento 1.x?

Tanel Raja

I think it's 2.0. Should I be using 1.0?

Just that this part of the forum is dedicated to Magento 1.x. There's also Magento 2.x section; perhaps you should ask your question there where it's more in-topic.

Tanel Raja

Ah, I see. Ok, thank you very much.