cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems login backend after installation Magento

Problems login backend after installation Magento

Hello,

I have a problem with the login after installation Magento. 

I installed Magento on my computer (localhost) and everything looks good, untill i go to the admin-panel by clicking on 'Go to backend'. When i try to fill in my username and password i can't login to the backoffice. The fields go empty en i stay on this page.

I've tried the installation on different computers (With windows 8 and windows 10), but every time when i try to login on the backend of the localhost-website, the fields go empty en nothing happens.

I've tried also on a private chrome application, but i have the same problem...

I get a little desperate, it's my first tryout with magento and it does not go as well

Thanks for any help!

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Problems login backend after installation Magento

This problem comes up occasionally and is usually due to the cookie expiry.

Try using a different browser (other than Chrome)
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Hi,

Yes, I have tried this on differents browsers, i have also deleted cookies en did the test again, but the problem stays...

You may want to try installing it in a proper server environment instead of in your own computer and it should work properly. 

This seem like a possible configuration issue with your configurations at the server/computer level. 

You may also want to try reading the following post http://blog.philwinkle.com/i-cant-login-to-magento-admin/

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner