cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

downloading Magento 1.9

downloading Magento 1.9

Someone else developed the website for us at a remote location. We are no longer dealing with these nut-jobs (they did a terrible job setting it up!!!) I was wondering what i needed to download my own website (already built and live) So that my in-house developer can work on it and fix some of our issues. Play with plug ins etc. What do I need in order to that?

4 REPLIES 4

Re: downloading Magento 1.9

Here are the first things you need to do.

Gain control of your server. Make sure they cannot access it anymore (like SSHing in).

Do you know if they used version control? If not, this would be the first thing you need to do. With version control, you can see all the changes that are happening and branch future features out so they don't delay others.

Without version control, one small mis step can lead you on hours of troubleshooting.

I'm checking if I can find a article for you on this.

-Kris
4x Certified, Blogger @ xgento.com

Also make sure that you have all the licenses of third party extensions / themes.

Tanel Raja

I don't know what they used. They did a terrible job setting it up...Took months was very expensive and didn't even do it right so now I'm already having to go and do all kinds of trouble shooting and redoing and figuring. I guess it's something they did. How do i fix it? I have changed password so they no longer can access it (hopefully) I know we own our or own and have control of our extensions because they were plugged into previous site (for the most part) There's a few that weren't but we are the ones that did the plugging in and set up. So I'm fairly certain we have control of them.

In your case, I wonder about export database from online store and import it to other Magento site, build and fix it in new store.