cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do i overwrite the megento database

SOLVED

how do i overwrite the megento database

I'm trying to install a new store and i already have a database that is fully loaded with the store products. how do i use my loaded database to overwrite the one that was set up when i installed magento. i'm working with magento ce 1.9.0.1

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: how do i overwrite the megento database

Hi,

If I understand correctly, You have a previous Magento Database with all your products in it.

You can simply create a new database and install Magento to it.

After the installation is complete, you can change the database details to previous one in /etc/local.xml,

I have done this to many 1.x upgrades. Smiley Happy

Make sure you clear cache manually before accessing the website with previous database.

Thank you

Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Hi,

If I understand correctly, You have a previous Magento Database with all your products in it.

You can simply create a new database and install Magento to it.

After the installation is complete, you can change the database details to previous one in /etc/local.xml,

I have done this to many 1.x upgrades. Smiley Happy

Make sure you clear cache manually before accessing the website with previous database.

Thank you

Melbourne | Australia - priyan.d@webdesignace.com.au
My Magento 1x Shop

Thank you for explaining where to change the information. But where or how do I upload the database I already have with my products in it. The database is a .SQL file and I'm using a ftp program to upload files to the server. I just don't know where I'm to upload/install my existing database.