cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

After Magento 2.3 installation no css and JS loading for frond end and admin

SOLVED

After Magento 2.3 installation no css and JS loading for frond end and admin

Hi All,

I have installed Magento 2.3 in my server(cpanel). I have installed it through web setup wizard. After installation success, no css and js is loading for front end and backend. I am not sure what is the issue. Please help.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: After Magento 2.3 installation no css and JS loading for frond end and admin

Hi @Wakralab,

There may be some issue with permissions on the server in generations of static files. And make sure that you have ". htaccass" file in pub/static folder.

Try the following command to setup proper permission to magento directory.

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \; && chmod u+x bin/magento
After it run the following magento commands in the sequence.

Upgrade and compile command are optional.

chmod -R 0777 var/ pub/ generated/
rm -rf var/cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* generated/* pub/static/*
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I hope it will help you!

View solution in original post

Re: After Magento 2.3 installation no css and JS loading for frond end and admin

Hello @Wakralab ,

As you are using magento 2.1.8, please remove var/generation from your magento root directory by following command:

rm -rf var/generation/*

then compile the code by 

bin/magento setup:di:compile

and then flush your magento cache 

bin/magento cache:flush

Check the home page again. Hope this will works for you.

Note: Please provide correct permission to var folder before executing bin/magento setup:di:compile

Regards

View solution in original post

9 REPLIES 9

@Wakralab 

You need to deploy the static content to make it working. If you have SSH access then deploy the static content. You can find more details for the same on below URL.

https://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.3/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-static-view.html

- Tarandeep
Problem solved?Please give 'Kudos' and accept 'Answer as Solution'.

Hi @Wakralab,

There may be some issue with permissions on the server in generations of static files. And make sure that you have ". htaccass" file in pub/static folder.

Try the following command to setup proper permission to magento directory.

find . -type d -exec chmod 755 {} \; && find . -type f -exec chmod 644 {} \; && chmod u+x bin/magento
After it run the following magento commands in the sequence.

Upgrade and compile command are optional.

rm -rf var/cache/* var/view_preprocessed/* generated/* pub/static/*
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
php bin/magento setup:di:compile
php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
php bin/magento cache:flush
php bin/magento indexer:reindex

I hope it will help you!

Hello @Wakralab ,

Please provide the permission to your magento directory by executing the following commands:

And then deploy the static content of your magento by 

bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy

And then check again on frontend.

Note:  Please check that .htaccass' is present on pub/static forlder.

If it helps you, please accept it as solution and give us kudos.

Thank you.

Thanks Tarandeep.!  But i have already deployed the static content. Still the same!

Did you tried above solution shared by me?

Also Make sure that you have ". htaccass" at pub/static folder.

Hi Vimal,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, I have set permissions for the respective folders and also I have .htaccess in the pub static folder. I have installed Magento 2.1.8 and it worked like charm. is there anything I have to do specifically for 2.3.2?

Great .. you don't need to do anything else for Magento 2.3.2.

Same will work.

Thanks VImal. But for some reason 2.3.2 not working. SO  i thought of continuing with 2.1.8 only. Not in homepage I m getting this error. after installing the theme 

Fatal error: Declaration of Codazon\ProductFilter\Block\Product\ProductsList\Interceptor::getAddToCartPostParams(Magento\Catalog\Model\Product $product, $additional = Array) must be compatible with Codazon\ProductFilter\Block\Product\ProductsList::getAddToCartPostParams(Magento\Catalog\Model\Product $product, $additional = Array): array in /home/perfumedunia/public_html/demo2/var/generation/Codazon/ProductFilter/Block/Product/ProductsList/Interceptor.php on line 7

Hello @Wakralab ,

As you are using magento 2.1.8, please remove var/generation from your magento root directory by following command:

rm -rf var/generation/*

then compile the code by 

bin/magento setup:di:compile

and then flush your magento cache 

bin/magento cache:flush

Check the home page again. Hope this will works for you.

Note: Please provide correct permission to var folder before executing bin/magento setup:di:compile

Regards