cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Anyone has the proper way to move magento 2 site?

I search and follow the process to move site for magento 1.x but it seems that it is not working for magento 2.

I got this error when I access the new site.

"An error has happened during application run. See exception log for details. Could not write error message to log. Please use developer mode to see the message."

Thank you!

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Anyone has the proper way to move magento 2 site?

@vest_acpa 

Please open the .htaccess from the root and comment out the first line:

SetEnv MAGE_MODE developer

If you still get any troubles, find this topic: Exception printing is disabled by default for security reasons Magento 2 ask for help by leaving a comment.

I hope it will help you. Thanks

--
If my answer is useful, please Accept as Solution & give Kudos

You need to check Magento log file at the following location.

1. Magento Root -> Var -> Log

2. Magento Root -> Var -> Report

Was my answer helpful? You can Click Kudos/Accept As Solution.
200+ professional extensions for M1 & M2 with free lifetime updates!

It seems like the migration process might be encountering some hiccups with Magento 2. To address the error you're encountering, try switching to developer mode, as suggested, to get more detailed error messages in order to troubleshoot the issue effectively. Double-check that all files and configurations have been transferred correctly, including your database. If you're still facing challenges, consider reaching out to Magento's official support or community forums for specific guidance tailored to your situation. I've successfully moved my own forehead filler website using Magento 2, so with the right approach, it's definitely achievable. Best of luck with your migration!