cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Backend not working on local environment

Backend not working on local environment

Hi,

New to Magento 2 development here. I've gone through training and am now in the process of setting up my local environment using code from our Magento Cloud instance. I've fetched the code/installed Magento locally. I then tried to do a database dump from my Cloud environment to my local. I used that to overwrite my local machine's instance of magento database. After doing that, my backend will no longer work. The browser is giving me a generic "Unable to connect" page.

Please advise.

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Backend not working on local environment

Hello @pj860a 

I have a team of experts to help you out. Kindly Skype me at my SkypeID:nicole_15269 

@pj860a wrote:

Hi,

New to Magento 2 development here. I've gone through training and am now in the process of setting up my local environment using code from our Magento Cloud instance. I've fetched the code/installed Magento locally. I then tried to do a database dump from my Cloud environment to my local. I used that to overwrite my local machine's instance of magento database. After doing that, my backend will no longer work. The browser is giving me a generic "Unable to connect" page.

Please advise.

@pj860a wrote:

Hi,

Please advise.

Or email me at nicole at the rate cisinlabs dot com So that we can schedule a call and discuss more over it.

Would be glad to help you!

which OS you are using?

I think you should change the 'web/unsecure/base_url' and 'web/secure/base_url' from "http://www.xyz.com" to '127.0.0.1/<foldername>/' in your local database in core_config_data table. Because you have now the same url of live site.

This will work for you.