cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

CentOS Magento Setup HTTP ERROR 500

SOLVED

CentOS Magento Setup HTTP ERROR 500

Hey folks,

I have a Hostgator VPS running and I am trying to install Magento 2 for one of my user's website. 

Unfortunately, after extracting all the Magento 2.2.4 files into the root directory of the site and visiting website.com or website.com/setup, I am getting the 500 error.

I have tried doing the following

1) rename the original .htaccess file from the root directory and I have a custom one that is simply asking the server to use PHP 7.1

<IfModule mime_module>
  AddType application/x-httpd-ea-php71 .php .php7 .phtml
</IfModule>

2) I have checked the permissions of the files/directories and they seem correct 

All files are 644
All directories are 755

3) I have checked both the apache error logs and the magento error logs and is unable to see anything related to this installation.

Would you please kindly suggest me with more troubleshooting steps to get the setup running? Thanks in advance.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: CentOS Magento Setup HTTP ERROR 500

Hi @j_w2

As you said you are facing 500 internal server error !

Kindly go to the app folder from the root magento 2 directory , open the file bootstrap.php and uncomment this line - ini_set('display_errors', 1);

by removing # you will un-comment this ! 

After that you will see error on browser - then after post the error which you are showing on the browser so its helps us to troubleshoot the issue !

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi @j_w2

As you said you are facing 500 internal server error !

Kindly go to the app folder from the root magento 2 directory , open the file bootstrap.php and uncomment this line - ini_set('display_errors', 1);

by removing # you will un-comment this ! 

After that you will see error on browser - then after post the error which you are showing on the browser so its helps us to troubleshoot the issue !

Thank you for your reply @Manthan Dave! Turned out that my Apache got turned off. 

Hi @j_w2

Glad to know that you have resolved your issue ! happy to help and keep helping Smiley Happy