cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cron for Magento 2

Cron for Magento 2

Are all of these cron jobs necessary for a production store or are some of them only for development stores? For example, the update/cron.php file doesn't exist in my installation???

* * * * * php -c /home/example/etc/php.ini /home/example/public_html/bin/magento cron:run
* * * * * php -c /home/example/etc/php.ini /home/example/public_html/update/cron.php
* * * * * php -c /home/example/etc/php.ini /home/example/public_html/bin/magento setup:cron:run

4 REPLIES 4

Re: Cron for Magento 2

Of course,  all the 3 cron command are significant: http://devdocs.magento.com/guides/v2.0/config-guide/cli/config-cli-subcommands-cron.html#create-the-...

"The first command (magento cron:run) reindexes indexers, send automated e-mails, generates the sitemap, and so on. Usually it’s associated with the PHP command line .ini file. The other two commands are used by the Component Manager and System Upgrade."

update/cron.php is in the magento/magento2-community-edition repository: https://github.com/magento/magento2-community-edition/blob/master/update/cron.php

All I know is that update/cron.php isn't in my install. I used magento-hackathon/magento2-standard for my composer install and it appears to be quite popular if you look on packagist.

Maybe I did something to cause this but am wondering if the method I used to install would have caused this?

Can you please be more specific and post the list of commands used to deploy?

I finally gave up and just reinstalled using the standard method suggested by Magento. I have no idea why this would have happened. If someone else has this issue too please post your solution, but I gave up and just did something else so will not be posting on this thread any more. You can see the list of commands I did here... about as simple as it gets. 

composer create-project magento-hackathon/magento2-standard destination