cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Elasticsearch installation and configuration on centos 7

Elasticsearch installation and configuration on centos 7

I am having this error "Job for elasticsearch.service failed because the control process exited with error code. See "systemctl status elasticsearch.service" and "journalctl -xe" for details"

when i run "sudo systemctl start elasticsearch" to search elastic search

1 REPLY 1

Re: Elasticsearch installation and configuration on centos 7

Hello @tunde_tunde 

1. Run the following command to view the Elasticsearch logs and get additional information about the error:

journalctl -u elasticsearch

This will display the logs specific to the Elasticsearch service, allowing you to identify any errors or issues.

2. Ensure that the Elasticsearch configuration is set correctly. The configuration file for Elasticsearch is typically located at /etc/elasticsearch/elasticsearch.yml. Check if there are any errors or misconfigurations in this file that could be causing the issue. Pay attention to settings like network host, port, cluster name, and node name.

3. Ensure that your server has enough resources to run Elasticsearch. Insufficient memory, disk space, or CPU resources can cause Elasticsearch to fail to start. Check the system resource usage using tools like top or htop to verify if any resources are being exhausted.

4. Ensure that the version of Elasticsearch you are trying to start is compatible with your Magento installation. Check the Elasticsearch compatibility matrix provided by Magento to ensure you are using a supported version.

Was my answer helpful? You can accept it as a solution.
175+ Professional Extensions for M1 & M2
Need a developer?Just visit Contact Us Now