cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal Error after logging in to admin

SOLVED

Fatal Error after logging in to admin

Installed Magento 2, front end works fine. After entering login info in admin panel, Fatal error:

PHP Fatal error:  Only variables can be passed by reference in /home/xxx/www/store/magento2/app/code/Magento/Backend/view/adminhtml/templates/system/search.phtml on line 31

system.log shows:

[2015-09-14 14:45:18] main.CRITICAL: Broken reference: the 'header' tries to reorder itself towards 'global.notices', but their parents are different: 'page.wrapper' and 'notices.wrapper' respectively. [] []
[2015-09-14 14:45:18] main.CRITICAL: Broken reference: the 'page.breadcrumbs' tries to reorder itself towards 'notifications', but their parents are different: 'page.wrapper' and 'notices.wrapper' respectively. [] []
[2015-09-14 14:45:18] main.CRITICAL: Broken reference: the 'global.search' tries to reorder itself towards 'notification.messages', but their parents are different: 'header.inner.right' and 'header' respectively. [] []

any thoughts? Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Fatal Error after logging in to admin

As a follow-up, this turned out to be the option "asp_tags" being set to "on" in the php.ini file. Turning this off fixed the issue.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Is this the latest version of the beta?

It is usually best to raise these kind of issues on the github account https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues

Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!
www.iwebsolutions.co.uk | Magento Small Business Partner

Yes, latest version:

----

git clone https://github.com/magento/magento2.git
cd magento2
composer install

[web based setup to complete install]
----

php 5.5, mysql 5.6, etc...

It's odd as I've been installing it along the way without any issues until yesterday... I'll post on github if no easy solution presents itself.

Hi @robfico,

Please try to use Git hub master branch zip file code. This error seems some xml file syntax error.

-----
Darshan, Solution Consultant
Problem solved? Click Accept as Solution!

Thanks. Opened a github issue - seems to be bug with Apache, php-fpm and mod_fastcgi. Magento is tracking it now:
https://github.com/magento/magento2/issues/1879

As a follow-up, this turned out to be the option "asp_tags" being set to "on" in the php.ini file. Turning this off fixed the issue.

Hello,
I have asp_tags = off at the root of my site

But still gives me error when trying to access the backend.
I have to create the php.ini in the path of the backend to actualize the value of Variable asp_tags

In magento 2 ,Where should I put the php.ini to affect only the backend?

Thank you

This helped me! Thanks!