cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File' not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_htm

Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File' not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_htm

Hi Guys.....I normally use zen cart to sell my stuff but thought I would change over to magento to see what it is like. So I have followed the install guide.

It installed fine first time everything was green, clicked on the link to the admin area, and nothing, so i clicked on the homepage and everything was fine so i closed it down, when i went back to the homepage the logo was missing and everything was in css.

so ive done some digging....ive gone into the php.ini file and changed the display errors to on and I am getting this:

Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File' not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverPool.php on line 81

I am running off of an imac.....just in case thats an issue but it shouldn't be.....anyway can someone tell me where to go to get this working please.

Many thanks.

5 REPLIES 5

Re: Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File' not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_

Does the filesystem contain the

"/home/xxxxxxx/public_html/vendor/magento/framework/Filesystem/DriverPool.php" file?

Re: Fatal error: Class 'Magento\Framework\Filesystem\Driver\File' not found in /home/xxxxxxx/public_

Hi Dmitry and thank you for the reply....I have taken a screenshot of the unpacked zipped file that is on my desktop and it is exactly the same as the one on my hosting server.....I uploaded the zip file to the server and unpacked it there just to cut down on any problems just so you know.

This is from a fresh install also, I have tried re-instailling about 4 times now and I get the same result.

I moved DriverPool.php back into the driver folder like it has asked but i get another fatal error come up.....shouldn't a fresh install not have these basic errors?

file tree 

any help would be cool?

Hello,

Maybe it is permissions problem like this:

http://magento.stackexchange.com/questions/103324/magento-2-compiler-gives-class-not-found-error

"The issue got resolved. Apparently, the magento user did not have a few permissions."

Stanislav

I have reloaded the cart with different permissions and its still the same....how can it be that the wizard for loading this is wrong from the start?

I am baffled by this....not really a good start if you are trying to attract new users to this platform is it.....I know for a fact if this was zen cart someone would have posted a solution to this by now....I really want to try this cart but I am being put off soo far.....anyone out there that can help me get this loaded?