cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How can I move over the Homepage Slideshow Carousel that I have in 1.9.x to our Magento 2.0 install?

How can I move over the Homepage Slideshow Carousel that I have in 1.9.x to our Magento 2.0 install?

Right now I unable to import sample data into Magento 2.0 right now (it is a known issue at Magento), so I have a blank 2.0 install. I really don't even need all the sample content anyways, I would just like to keep the image carousel that I have on the home page of my 1.9.x site and move it to the new 2.0 site.

I am still learning Magento but I understand that I have to create the block on 2.0 side, and I moved over the block code to the new site. At this point, do I just need to copy over all the necessary slideshow CSS to the new site CSS files, or is there more to setting up a homepage block than that?

Thank you,

1 REPLY 1

Re: How can I move over the Homepage Slideshow Carousel that I have in 1.9.x to our Magento 2.0 inst

Porting a Magento 1.x extension to Magento 2 requires programming skills, there is no simple solution.