cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to Stop Attributes from Attaching to All Products

SOLVED

How to Stop Attributes from Attaching to All Products

My client is adding products. He is somehow creating attributes that end up appearing on other, non-related product screens and some of these attributes are even becoming required on those other product screens which prevents him from being able to add products.

How do you:

(1) add an attribute and get it to relate only to a specific product?

(2) remove attributes from other products?

See screen shot --> https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bytqhoir_Tt5T0tqUWpYNEpyZlE

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: How to Stop Attributes from Attaching to All Products

Is there a way for me to connect my custom Attribute Sets to the various new product setups?

For example, can I have my custom "simple product" Attribute Set get automatically connected to the Magento Simple Product so that when my client sets up a new Simple Product he gets my custom attribute set

You should hire someone to write custom code or small extension for it.

PS: Dont forget to collect all your Questions - Answers in one place.

Many people will have the same small problems with Magento 2

Stanislav

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hello,

Create new Attribute Set in:

Magento admin panel -> Stores -> Attribute Set

Assign your attributes to that Attribute Set

Add new product and select your attribute set.

PS: It is not possible to change attribute set for existing product.

Stanislav

Thanks @Pektsekye. Actually, I figured that out just prior to your post. Took me a while but I am starting to see the relationship to Attribute Set (a.k.a, Product Template) to Products.

Is there a way for me to connect my custom Attribute Sets to the various new product setups?

For example, can I have my custom "simple product" Attribute Set get automatically connected to the Magento Simple Product so that when my client sets up a new Simple Product he gets my custom attribute set vs. the Magento default? I know he can switch once he starts the setup but it would be great to take that step away from him.

For example, can I have my custom "simple product" Attribute Set get automatically connected to the Magento Simple Product so that when my client sets up a new Simple Product he gets my custom attribute set

You should hire someone to write custom code or small extension for it.

PS: Dont forget to collect all your Questions - Answers in one place.

Many people will have the same small problems with Magento 2

Stanislav

Ok, I'll take that answer a "No, not out-of-the-box".

Thank you.