cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of Magento is Stuck on "Customize your store"

SOLVED

Installation of Magento is Stuck on "Customize your store"

I am attempting to install a local instance of Magento on a Virtual Host using WAMP.  I got through the readiness check, the database setup, and the web configuration.  Now I am at the Customize Your Store screen and clicking the Next button does nothing.  There are no Apache or PHP error log entries relating to this.  There is an error in the javascript console when I click the button and this is what it reads:

angular.js:9928 TypeError: Cannot read property 'modules' of undefined
    at Object.$state.loadModules (customize-your-store.js:76)
    at h.$scope.checkModuleConstraints (customize-your-store.js:47)
    at angular.js:16888
    at angular.js:18711
    at h.$eval (angular.js:12703)
    at h.$apply (angular.js:12725)
    at HTMLButtonElement.<anonymous> (angular.js:18711)
    at angular.js:3396
    at q (angular.js:228)
    at HTMLButtonElement.c (angular.js:3391)

Has anyone come across this or have a solution? 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installation of Magento is Stuck on "Customize your store"

I solved this by completely deleting my current Magento 2 folder (that I had extracted from the downloaded zip), copying the contents over again, setting the entire folder and contents to be Read/Write, uninstalling my unused Firefox, deleting it's folder from my Program Files folder, downloading and installing an older version, doing the install from there, and letting it sit on the Installing page for a long time with no visual representation of it's progress, and THAT worked.  

Seems pretty ludicrously complicated to me...

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Hi @case_silva

Which magento 2 version are you trying to installed ? 

if issue solved,Click Kudos & Accept as Solution

I am trying to install Magento-CE-2.2.6.  I am using WAMP using Apache 2.4.35, PHP 7.1.22, and MySQL 5.7.23

Can you please try install with different browser? Also please do share which browser and OS you are using. 

I am using Chrome and Windows 7 to attempt this installation.  I would be pretty confused if using Chrome would limit the ability of Magento to install, but if other people have had this problem and had success with other browsers, I suppose I would give it a shot.

I solved this by completely deleting my current Magento 2 folder (that I had extracted from the downloaded zip), copying the contents over again, setting the entire folder and contents to be Read/Write, uninstalling my unused Firefox, deleting it's folder from my Program Files folder, downloading and installing an older version, doing the install from there, and letting it sit on the Installing page for a long time with no visual representation of it's progress, and THAT worked.  

Seems pretty ludicrously complicated to me...