cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento 2.0 on shared hosting with hostinger, install problem error 1227 not enough privs

SOLVED

Installing Magento 2.0 on shared hosting with hostinger, install problem error 1227 not enough privs

All went, fine uploaded complete zip with Website import function (The CE version from Magento), Wizard started fine

then when the database, mysqlserver, user and pass needed be added we get this error:

SQLSTATE[42000]: Syntax error or access violation: 1227 Access denied; you need (at least one of) the SHOW DATABASES privilege(s) for this operation, query was: SHOW DATABASES

Checked in sql : show privileges;

Results to:
Replication slave Server Admin To read binary log events from the master
Select Tables To retrieve rows from table
Show databases Server Admin To see all databases with SHOW DATABASES
Show view Tables To see views with SHOW CREATE VIEW
Shutdown Server Admin To shut down the server

Does it mean my hoster does not give enough permissions? So we cant get further then Magento 1.9?

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Re: Installing Magento 2.0 on shared hosting with hostinger, install problem error 1227 not enough p

Looks like your hosting provider prohibits you from running the show databases command as I assume the database instance is shared between different accounts. I would recommend setting it up with another hosting provider.

---
I'm a Magento Developer living in Melbourne, Australia with 4 x Magento certifications Smiley Happy

View solution in original post

Re: Installing Magento 2.0 on shared hosting with hostinger, install problem error 1227 not enough p

And indeed free hosters there also. So gets cheaper then GoDaddy. Just google around.

Like said no knowledge of PHP required, not even mysql, as long as right versions supported.

For Magento 2 those are both 5.6 minimum.

So if you are looking at weird error codes on screen you are with wrong hoster.

Magento 2 too difficult? Just started it up, Looks whole lot more simplified.....!

But warning, for a real shop you need spend cash and overthink things quite well.

I only use stuff to train others.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

Yes, looks like your database user does not have sufficient permissions. You should contact your host about it. Please note that Magento will not work very well in cheap $5 shared hosting.
Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

My hoster replies that it should be possible to work around, meaning magento requires too much privileges and that some installation requirements and according installation scripts are too demanding on i.e. SHOW DATABASES command.

Advice was given to ask the Magento community if somebody worked out an alteration to overcome said problem.

from /public_html/setup/config

[
            'id'          => 'root.add-database',
            'url'         => 'add-database',
            'templateUrl' => "{$base}/add-database",
            'title'       => "Add \n a Database",
            'header'      => 'Step 2: Add a Database',
            'controller'  => 'addDatabaseController',
            'nav'         => true,
            'validate'    => true,
            'order'       => 3,
            'type'        => 'install'
        ],

And obviously on shared hosting, one is not ROOT

Well all comments about cheap hosters are not so relevant.

If they do not provide all , go shop your your missing parts with a cheap other one.

For the workaround no PHP knowledge required. Go subscribe to a mysql hoster that does the necessary an drive on in the install procedure.

It is a matter of having coffee and waiting. No coding required.

I agree it is not suitable for a production environment. But for a training, how does it lok and feel option usable.

No composer, no coding, no own PC in the attic...

It is like visting different supermarkets to get all. Will still make you dinner.

Dont need go to a fancy expensive restaurant immediatedly.

Looks like your hosting provider prohibits you from running the show databases command as I assume the database instance is shared between different accounts. I would recommend setting it up with another hosting provider.

---
I'm a Magento Developer living in Melbourne, Australia with 4 x Magento certifications Smiley Happy

And indeed free hosters there also. So gets cheaper then GoDaddy. Just google around.

Like said no knowledge of PHP required, not even mysql, as long as right versions supported.

For Magento 2 those are both 5.6 minimum.

So if you are looking at weird error codes on screen you are with wrong hoster.

Magento 2 too difficult? Just started it up, Looks whole lot more simplified.....!

But warning, for a real shop you need spend cash and overthink things quite well.

I only use stuff to train others.

Dear Team,

Most of the users will deploy Applicaiton in shared server. Why such previlages required to install Magento 2. I dont think its appropriate to have this privileges. 

I got the work around solution to this issue. 

In Magento Code we are checking whether the database is exist or Not which I believe not mandatory as it required super user privileges. What i did was I removed that check from the code. 

Path : magento2-develop\setup\src\Magento\Setup\Validator\DbValidator.php 

from line number : 106

return $this->checkDatabaseName($connection, $dbName) && $this->checkDatabasePrivileges($connection, $dbName);

i removed the underlined code and now its installed properly without Super user privilege.