cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento on IIS 10

Installing Magento on IIS 10

I have installed Magento (Magento-CE-2.0.7-2016-05-24-12-06-54) on IIS 10. I have installed URL rewrite, everything went fine on the Magento Install (no error messages). When I go to the home page all the css and scripts linked have 404 errors because they weren't created during install. I followed other threads where people ran php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy after clearing cache and the necessary files were stil not created. Also the admin page returns a 404 error, in fact every page other home returns a 404. Any help would be grealty appreciated.

Cheers

Aden

3 REPLIES 3

Re: Installing Magento on IIS 10

I recommend against running Magento on a Windows server, but if you insist you need to convert all the Apache-style .htaccess rewrite rules to the equivalent IIS web.config file.
Sindre M, CEO & Founder
ProperHost.com - The Magento Hosting Experts

Thanks for the response. I found a Web.config that performs the necessary URL rewriting. This hasn't, however, solved the problem with the content, style sheets etc, not being created. Any assistance with this would be most welcome.

Cheers

Aden

We need to think to open the tire service and make holes in the tires at night. Even the product is not quality, which requires 512 MB RAM and 1 GHz of the user. Even talking about the fact that there is no solution Magento + IIS = trouble: css + 404