cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installing Magento without SSL

Installing Magento without SSL

I am trying to install Magento on my local machine. At the first step it says I have no SSL (also the first error is that PHP version can't be identified) and hints that I can disable it by setting "disable-tls" option to true, which I do in the "composer.json" file. The error with SSL disappears, however "PHP Extensions Check" point shows "PHP Extension openssl" is missing, preventing the installation to go on.

How can I install Magento without SSL for development purposes on my local machine?

2 REPLIES 2

Re: Installing Magento without SSL

OK, I just turned on openssl PHP extension. That's it.

Re: Installing Magento without SSL

I can see why you really wouldn't want to have an SSL installed is if this will create a poor environment for your customers that you do not have the time or resources to fix.

If your page is not suppose to be using SSL, or has unsecure elements, it is better to not use SSL on that page entirely. A better fix is to remove the below tags from the module config.xml: 

Your page will be forced to use SSL if admin is found in your config.xml. You can find it right below the the first end frontend tag, just uncomment the entire block and you should be fine